We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

France Budget (March): Where to stay safe near Paris Center

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Washington DC...
reviews: 131
France Budget (March): Where to stay safe near Paris Center

We are going to Paris on March, dont want to spend more than $100 a night? Where can we stay? Thanks

Tips for fun economical vacation

Pittsburgh, PA
reviews: 29
1. Re: France Budget (March): Where to stay safe near Paris Center

Today that's about 70 euro; gonna be difficult. You might not be happy with what you find in the center of Paris for that amount of money.

Ohio, USA
reviews: 4
2. Re: France Budget (March): Where to stay safe near Paris Center

You will find much better value in both hotels and restaurants and you won't be tripping over quite so many other tourists if you move your hotel search a short (10-15 minute) Métro ride away from the center. You won't be walking everywhere in any case no matter where you stay, especially in March, so being within X distance of some mythical center is really not all that important. Better you should get your hands on a good guidebook or two and a map of the city and do some online research to get a feel for the different areas and then pick one that suits you. My suggestion would be either the République or Bastille areas. Both are lively and interesting with plenty of great and good value cafés and restaurants and excellent communications with anywhere else in Paris by bus or Métro. There are plenty of places worth exploring within walking distance of either area too. There are many other equally worthy candidates outside the much-touted 4th, 5th and 6th arrondissements.

All that said, this place is as central as you could possibly be, within your budget, and though unquestionably basic has been recently modernized.

http://henri4hotel.fr/

Ohio, USA
3. Re: France Budget (March): Where to stay safe near Paris Center

BTW, how far would a budget of $100 get you in terms of a hotel room in a nice area in the center of DC? Just curious...

Tampa, Florida
reviews: 7
4. Re: France Budget (March): Where to stay safe near Paris Center

As far as safety?

I'd take central Paris over central DC any day of the week, without even a second's thought.

Make your budget 100 Euros ($150) and you'd have your choice of places all over the city.

Rovr, I'm pretty sure you'd be able to sleep on an upturned bucket in a broom closet somewhere in downtown DC for $100/night....! ;)

Edited: 1:44 am, January 18, 2010
5. Re: France Budget (March): Where to stay safe near Paris Center

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:14 pm, February 10, 2010
6. Re: France Budget (March): Where to stay safe near Paris Center

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:14 pm, February 10, 2010
Washington DC...
reviews: 131
7. Re: France Budget (March): Where to stay safe near Paris Center

I am considering staying in Best Western even if I need to increase my budget....also I meant Euro 100....sorry for the typo!!

Victoria, Canada
reviews: 52
8. Re: France Budget (March): Where to stay safe near Paris Center

Well, 100 Euros,, is a big difference,, I think there are many hotels within that price range that will be safe, clean, central etc etc. . Have you read a few pages on this board,, there are always many posts about hotels .

You could look at :

Hotel de College Du France

Hotel Eugenie

Hotel Diana

Even these hotels,, if you push budget up a tad:

Hotel Des Grand Hommes,

Hotel Pantheon

Hotel Des Mines

Hotel Le Regent.

Edited: 11:35 am, January 18, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
reviews: 29
9. Re: France Budget (March): Where to stay safe near Paris Center

The hotel Le Regent (rue Dauphine?) is way over 100 euro.

Ohio, USA
10. Re: France Budget (March): Where to stay safe near Paris Center

The Best Western label really doesn't mean much other than that the hotel can be booked through the BW site. Almost all the BW hotels are independently owned and operated and in no way are they like American BW "cookie cutter" hotels. Each will have its own style and its own independent management. You need to check the reviews of any hotel carefully and be sure you are happy with its location regardless of what marketing umbrella it may be covered by...