We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Louvre Floor Plan

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
lost in Ohio
reviews: 2
Louvre Floor Plan

Is there any way to get an accurate and detailed floor plan for the Louvre BEFORE we get to Paris. I'd like to plan out my visit in advance, as the Louvre website just provides general information about the galleries.

THANKS

Palmerston North...
reviews: 25
1. Re: Louvre Floor Plan

paris.org/Musees/…louvre_planApg2.html

The above link may be of help.

lost in Ohio
reviews: 2
2. Re: Louvre Floor Plan

Thanks -- I am looking for something more specific -- with the numbers of the galleries, for example, so that I map a route to the items I wish to see.

Since the place is so big, I think it would help me to have it planned out in advance. I have the guidebook, so now I need to know which gallery is which.

THANKS

michigan
3. Re: Louvre Floor Plan

Paris art and architecture by hf ullmann publishers.Available through Amazon.com

USA
reviews: 3
4. Re: Louvre Floor Plan

You can '..tinker..' a bit with the '..INTERACTIVE FLOOR PLAN..' feature of the MUSÉE du LOUVRE's web site to see if this helps. You can select floors, sections and Rooms with the cursor.

www.louvre.fr/llv/pratique/plan.jsp…

UK
5. Re: Louvre Floor Plan

The Louvre website also has a searchable online database of works in the museum - the info is in French, but it's easy to pick out the name of the wing, the level (étage) and room number (salle) to cross reference with the floorplan. There is even a little plan of the exact location if you go onto the page for the individual artwork, so that you know just which wall to look at! And I've just found if you click on that icon, you can identify what is hanging alongside - that's my new game for the day, I think!

cartelen.louvre.fr/cartelen/visite…

6. Re: Louvre Floor Plan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:24 am, September 13, 2009