We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Other things to do on Bastille Day...

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manhattan
Other things to do on Bastille Day...

...beyond going to the parade. I've done a bit of digging through past threads and haven't seen much along these lines. Any recommendations for other ways to celebrate the storming of the Bastille while in Paris--related exhibits, shows, theatre, speeches, a good celebratory meal...? Looking forward to hearing your suggestions.

London
1. Re: Other things to do on Bastille Day...

Hi, I'm bumping your post as I too am interested - I have read the guide books, websites and these forums and there's not much info on Bastille Day activities. Thanks!

France
2. Re: Other things to do on Bastille Day...

Get a weekly what's on, once in Paris. Pariscope, L'Officiel, Zurban. They run from Wed-Tue, cost under 1E, available at every newsstand. You'll find all events around Bastille Day in there and a lot more, like special exhibits, concerts, openair events, opening hours, etc.

You're likely to find similar magazines in English like Where or something in your hotel room or lobby. However, the ones previously mentioned are the most complete and should be understood, even with little or almost no French. Just get used the way we write the hours.

France
3. Re: Other things to do on Bastille Day...

Just came across the following page. May be useful to plan things ahead:

http://www.anglofrance.net/