We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train Station to Eiffel Tower directions

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
reviews: 7
Train Station to Eiffel Tower directions

Hi,

We're travelling by train from Amsterdam to Paris on April 14 and would like to know if the best way to get to our hotel from the train station is by taxi or metro. If metro, can anyone direct us which trains we should be taking? TA reviews advise that the Maubourg metro stop is closest to the hotel. What is the most direct way to get there? We're staying at the:

Hotel Best Western Eiffel Park - Paris

17 bis, rue Amélie - 75007 Paris

Thanks

Paris, France
reviews: 16
1. Re: Train Station to Eiffel Tower directions

Temps de parcours : 28 mn

Gare du Nord - Metro

1 Direction : Porte d'Orleans (General Leclerc)

de:Gare du Nord à : Strasbourg-Saint-Denis 4 mn

Correspondance à : Strasbourg-Saint-Denis - Metro

2 Direction : Balard

de:Strasbourg-Saint-Denis à :La Tour-Maubourg 11 mn

Allez jusqu'à : 17 BIS Rue Amelie PARIS-07EME 5 mn

Toronto, Canada
2. Re: Train Station to Eiffel Tower directions

Thanks Gus04. My French isn't good but if I understand those directions correctly, it is only 2 different trains to get to the hotel. That shouldnt be too bad on a Monday morning.

Thanks for your help.

Los Angeles...
reviews: 230
3. Re: Train Station to Eiffel Tower directions

Cozy up to http://www9.ratp.info - one of the best public transit websites I've ever used!

Paris, France
reviews: 16
4. Re: Train Station to Eiffel Tower directions

You can purchase tix at the window or at the self-serve machines (english option available) 1 tix = € 1.50 or you can get 10 for a lil cheaper. Take a look at the link wantonstoup sent above (you probably have already...) and get yourself a plan of the metro routes at the station window and you should be sorted!

Enjoy

USA
reviews: 3
5. Re: Train Station to Eiffel Tower directions

This would be a really good opportunity for you to acquaint yourself with the very useful and productive '..tools..' that are provided by the main RATP web site...specifically its Itinéraire/Route Planner feature.

Use your hotel's address,'..17 bis, rue Amélie - 75007..' as your Départ/Departure '..Adresse/Address..' and '..GARE du NORD..' as your Arrivée/Arrival '..Station..'. The site will provide you with a detailed itinerary from departure point to destination point.

The site works well...but it is NOT especially '..intuitive..'...so be sure to tick the correct 'boxes'....select your transport Préférences/Preferences and fill in the approximate Date et Heure/Date & Time. '..Tinker..' with the site a bit using this and other possible or ficticious public transportation itineraries to get the knack of using it.

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
reviews: 25
6. Re: Train Station to Eiffel Tower directions

I think the best way is a taxi. Otherwise, I'd recommend us #42 to Bosquet/Rapp and walk from there (10 minutes). Or, you could transfer at Rond-Point and board Bus #28 to Latour-Maubourg/Saint-Dominique and walk from there (5 minutes). Route #42 starts at Gare du Nord, so no problem boarding with bags and getting a seat.

I, personally, would never transfer, especially after a long trip with luggage, at Stasbourg/Saint-Denis - a station legendary for pickpockets.

If you do take the metro, note that there's an escalator in the LaTour/Maubourg station (and it's always been working for us). When you exit the train, keep going to the right. If you go to the left, you'll be stuck going up the stairs.

Toronto, Canada
7. Re: Train Station to Eiffel Tower directions

Thanks to everyone. This is amazing information and those websites will help us get around Paris for our entire stay.

We're looking forward to a great trip in April....Amsterdam, Paris, Arles and Nice over 18 days. Have Euro Rail pass also. Now I just need the France weather to warm up a wee bit to around 20C so it's not so cold walking around. We're having our coldest and snowiest winter in years in Toronto, Canada :)

Cheers!

Toronto, Canada
8. Re: Train Station to Eiffel Tower directions

Thanks to everyone. This is amazing information and those websites will help us get around Paris for our entire stay.

We're looking forward to a great trip in April....Amsterdam, Paris, Arles and Nice over 18 days. Have Euro Rail pass also. Now I just need the France weather to warm up a wee bit to around 20C so it's not so cold walking around. We're having our coldest and snowiest winter in years in Toronto, Canada :)

Cheers!

9. Re: Train Station to Eiffel Tower directions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 pm, September 23, 2009