We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting there...Metro question

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Southern California
Getting there...Metro question

We are arriving late afternoon via Eurostar into Gare du Nord and need to get to Louvre Rivoli.

We have our 3 1/2 yr old and our 6 yr old...we will have a large suitcase to roll and a small one to carry.

My question is should we take the Metro? Or would a taxi be better?

How much might a taxi cost us for this trip? (going to JJ Rousseau and Rue Saint Honore).

TIA!

Kelly in Riverside Ca....

leaving the US in 2 days!

Paris
reviews: 7
1. Re: Getting there...Metro question

I would take a taxi. The metro ride would require a change at Chatelet and there is a very long walk involved with lots of stairs. Its a short trip in a taxi and shouldnt cost more than about 10 - 14 euros depending on traffic. When you get off of the train, walk to the head of the train and turn to your right. Go straight ahead out the door and you will find the taxi stand. Do NOT accept rides from people that may approach you about a taxi. ONLY get a taxi at a taxi stand.

Southern California
2. Re: Getting there...Metro question

Thank you...will do just that.

:)

Kelly

Los Angeles, CA
3. Re: Getting there...Metro question

Kidsintow,

I confirm that a taxi is probably better.

If the 4 of you can't fit in the back, it is ok for an adult to ride up front by the driver.

Also, I don't know when you are in Paris, but it is very hot and humid there right now, with showers sometimes.