We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel on eurostar

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Australia
Travel on eurostar

I will be in Paris for 3 days - using the eurostar to get from london to paris and back, staying at the Best Western Etoile Trocadero Hotel Paris - any suggestions on most affordable way to travel from Nord to hotel - any must see tourist spots, affordable tours - also do i need to pre purchase tickets for certain spots to avoid long queues.

Hove, United Kingdom
reviews: 39
1. Re: Travel on eurostar

I would recommend the metro if you want affordable, although if you have a lot of luggage you may encounter some difficulty with stairs etc.

Ohio, USA
reviews: 4
2. Re: Travel on eurostar

I am going to assume that the name of your hotel is not a lie, and that its closest metro station is Trocadero. (An address is always helpful when asking for directions, since no-one living knows the location of every hotel or restaurant in Paris by name alone.)

To get from Gare du Nord where Eurostar trains arrive your best bet for the least expensive way to get to your hotel will be the metro as Helking says. There is no direct connection between the two stations.

You will need to find your way to the Metro in Gare du Nord (follow the signs). Buy a single ticket (1.40 Euro) or a Carnet (carn-ay) of ten tickets (10.70 Euro) which you can use as you need them on the metro and buses.

Now you want line 5, Direction Place d'Italie (follow the signs). Take this train to Republique, about 5 minutes. At Republique follow the Correspondances (connections) signs to line 9, Direction Pont de Sevres. Take this train to Trocadero, about a 20 minute ride.

As Helking says, if you have a lot of heavy luggage negotiating the metro can be difficult, especially in hot weather. In that case a taxi - probably about 15 Euro - would be a better option.

If you are travelling really light, you have an alternative. There is a bus from Gare de l'Est, about a quarter mile from Gare du Nord, to Trocadero, I think the number 32.

For your other questions, there are some good suggestions in a current thread, Paris in 3.5 days. Follow those suggestions and then, when you have a better idea what you want to do, ask more specific questions.