We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

>>> Please Post Your Trip Reports Together in One Thread <<<

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 9
>>> Please Post Your Trip Reports Together in One Thread <<<

"...When last we saw our heroine, she had just returned to her hotel, a sadder but wiser woman, after the Great Eiffel Tower Debacle.

So did she never recover? Robin, was there a Day 6, or did I just miss it?

(travelnutty, I DID do a search, but I couldn't find Day 6 - HONEST!) :>)..."

This is the LAST STRAW! No, seriously, I've been thinking that I need to write another 'Helpful Hint (ok, nagging note)' kind of post.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Tripadvisors,

Everyone truly appreciates a trip report. We want to know everything, but especially "how was the hotel???"

More importantly, we want to read your ENTIRE report, all in ONE PLACE. There is no need to start a new post with each chapter of your report - that makes it very difficult for readers to go with your "flow".

<> <> <> <> <> <> <> <> <>

PLEASE - Start your trip report in a new post, then KEEP POSTING subsequent information to the SAME POST. That way, should anyone be looking for your most-informative thread, they will find it all tied up neatly together in ONE POST.

<> <> <> <> <> <> <> <> <>

Comprenez? Merci !

Brooklyn, New York
reviews: 25
11. Re: >>> Please Post Your Trip Reports Together in One Thread <<<

I cannot argue with Libert��, Equalit��, Fraternit��! I humbly submit - at the end of the day I read them all anyway! But would like to see current costs ;-) and some of that "slow travel" discovery.

Boston, MA
reviews: 2
12. Re: >>> Please Post Your Trip Reports Together in One Thread <<<

I agree with alexth82...there is no reason everyone has to do things the same. I feel anyone who takes the time to write a report is providing a GREAT service to everyone on this board, and I find the trip reports of great value. Let everyone post the way they want. :-)

And that's my $.02.

Winnipeg, Canada
reviews: 3
13. Re: >>> Please Post Your Trip Reports Together in One Thread <<<

If a report is long(and this is not a complaint!I love all the reports)I like them by the day.I don't always get back to posts after my initial reading of them and I would hate to miss out on half the report!

Baltimore, Maryland
reviews: 8
14. Re: >>> Please Post Your Trip Reports Together in One Thread <<<

Just throwing my 2 cents into the pot. I loved Robin's reports (And those like hers - I just really liked hers a lot) and found no problems with the seperate threads. Everyone has their own style, which makes it all the more interesting to me - it's like I'm seeing Paris fron many perspectives. Some I like better than others, but that's valuable information too!

However, I'll also totally back Travelnutty's frequent requests to SEARCH beofre you type!!!

reviews: 9
15. Re: >>> Please Post Your Trip Reports Together in One Thread <<<

Of course I don't make "rules" - I have no authority here whatsoever. Just hoping my preferences might sound logical to others - perhaps some folks don't even realize about the 'search' function or that adding to their first post is more 'efficient'.

You do realize that if you like a certain trip report, you can save the thread as a 'favorite' link so you don't have to find it later? If the trip report is all on one thread, then it will always be easy.

Ha - I just thought of another 'rule' so let me close this one quick!

West Sussex, England
16. Re: >>> Please Post Your Trip Reports Together in One Thread <<<

Can I add another vote in favour of 'separate' posts (the way Robin did it).

If the OP keeps adding extra days onto the original thread, I can not tell without scrolling down pages of the thread, whether she has added another day or whether it is just that other people have replied, since either would cause the thread to be bumped back up to the top of the Forum.

with separate posts I can easily find 'new instalments' rather than just replies/comments.

San Francisco...
reviews: 12
17. Re: >>> Please Post Your Trip Reports Together in One Thread <<<

Honestly, I don't see what the big deal is. If it bothers anyone so much to have to see several posts by one person with their "travel report" then, simply put: DON'T READ IT.

It's as easy as that....

Riverside...
reviews: 1
18. Re: >>> Please Post Your Trip Reports Together in One Thread <<<

Sorry Travelnutty,

I'm with the other on the separate trip posts rather than one really long one. By the time we all add our 2 cents worth to each day, some posts can be 20,30,40+ entries.....I'm not sure that I've got that long an attention span! LOL

Also, we're all on "virtual vacation" with these folks while we wait for our turn so we shouldn't have to worry about being efficient if we don't want to!