We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Really useful maps of Paris on the web?

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Victoria, Australia
reviews: 4
Really useful maps of Paris on the web?

Can anyone please advise a website that has really useful maps pf Paris? I'm planning my next trip and thinking about taking the approach of spending a whole day in each arrondissemont - so I'd like maps that show each arr. with street names and major buildings etc.

Thanks for any assistance......

Sandra

reviews: 9
1. Re: Really useful maps of Paris on the web?

This map is pretty cool - it only shows the major landmarks, but it has a street index and overlays the Metro system so you can 'link' your walking routes with the Metro...

www.ratp.info/orienter/tous_plans_pdf.php

Click on "Metro avec rues"

My other favorite is www.mappy.com,

which shows Metro stations and you can estimate distances by using the 'itinerary' feature, selecting "pedestrian" as the means.

Colorado
reviews: 1
2. Re: Really useful maps of Paris on the web?

I'd get the Streetwise Paris map. They're available at Barnes & Noble or Borders and Amazon.com. It's laminated, very detailed and easy to use. I carried mine all over Paris and use it for planning my trips.

Victoria, Australia
3. Re: Really useful maps of Paris on the web?

Thanks for your help. I also found this site http://www.parisby.com/maps/maps.htm which give detailed maps, but they don't print up really clearly.

It may be time to actually buy a book (I've already got the DK Eyewitness Top 10 Paris, which has maps, but not with all of the smaller streets).

Sandra

Riverside...
reviews: 1
4. Re: Really useful maps of Paris on the web?

Send a quick e-mail to the Paris Visitor Bureau (can't remember the website but you can do a search which is what I did) requesting a street map/tourist information. I didn't get an e-mail response so I was a little disappointed but about a week and a half later I got a package with a street map which included arrondissemonts, lots of tourist sites and metro lines/stations. They also included a couple of brochures and a tour book listing hotels, restaurants, things to see and do, etc. Now I can review the map and get the "lay of the land" before I go so I don't get lost quite so often!

USA
reviews: 3
5. Re: Really useful maps of Paris on the web?

>>>Thanks for your help. I also found this site http://www.parisby.com/maps/maps.htm which give detailed maps, but they don't print up really clearly.

It may be time to actually buy a book (I've already got the DK Eyewitness Top 10 Paris, which has maps, but not with all of the smaller streets).<<<

That's pretty much the problem with most on-line street maps. They look just fine on your computer screen, but don't really print out all that well.

Even with the best street map-books-- '..Michelin #16-PARIS Atlas par arrondissements..' the various '..l'Indipensible PARIS-Pare Arrondissement..', in order for them to be a compact size and still contain the degree of detail that people want, arrondissement must, of necessity, be broken up into several different pages and though the individual section maps are sequential, the sort of practical, single-page '..continuity..' that you're looking for is lost.

They're a compromise but I've found the best street map for general touring and planning purposes is the STREETWISE PARIS map.. The map does not cover 100% of the city..but it does cover the 80-85% that most people want or need and it offers at least som broader '..continuity..' than mapbooks. One of the things that I like about this map is that every street within its coverage areas is shown AND identified by name. It also has a handy Street Finder Index. It is one of the very few compact floding maps which does.

STREETWISE PARIS--

streetwisemaps.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc…

Ohio, USA
6. Re: Really useful maps of Paris on the web?

I haven't actually had one of them in my hands for a few years, but the free map that the Tourist Office hands out is quite good, or was at any rate. Pick up a couple or three of them, as they have a life-span of about three days for most people.

You used to be able to get them at the big dept. stores (or maybe it was just Printemps - not too sure...) and your hotel may have them too...

UK
reviews: 10
7. Re: Really useful maps of Paris on the web?

Try www.parisinfo.com I'm just negotiating my way round it at the moment, but it tells you where to get maps from