We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aux Lyonnais

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Great Barrington...
reviews: 39
Aux Lyonnais

Anyone eat there yet? It's a reasonably priced Alain Ducasse joint. I would appreciate any comments, SVP.

Ohio, USA
reviews: 4
1. Re: Aux Lyonnais

pixfield -

You already have mine in an earlier response to a request for info about this and a few others including L'Os a Moelle.

I gave this one a thumbs down, finding it more hype than substance, and over-priced into the bargain.

L'Os a Moelle I liked _much_ better, though its location is a little against it.

Let me know if yoiu want more detailed info on L'Os and I'll dig out my notes, but you already have the sum total of my notes on Aux Lyonnais.

Cheers!

Great Barrington...
reviews: 39
2. Re: Aux Lyonnais

I apologize, Rove. Yes you did comment on some of my restaurant choices before. I will go back and look at that thread.

What are some of your other favs in Paris?

Ohio, USA
reviews: 4
3. Re: Aux Lyonnais

pixfield -

I'm remembering that mostly you were looking for bistros, yes? If I am right -

Absolutely the best I've ever eaten in was Benoit, rue St-Martin in the 4th, not just for the food and the ambience, which are wonderful, but possibly because the one and only time I was there, it was one of those evenings when everything was just sublimely right. But it is up there cost-wise...

Also in the 4th, rue des Tournelles, Baracane. This used to be L'Oulette, before L'Oulette went upscale and moved to the 12th. It is still under the same ownership, and delightful. Food has a south-west influence...

And Le Dome du Marais, rue des Francs Bourgeois, 4th again (where else?) Another place where everything was just right the only time I ate there, and it's a whole lot less expensive than Benoit! Great foie gras!

In the 5th, quai de la Tournelle, La Cage. I really liked their gratin St. Jacques and the wine list was excellent. Nice atmosphere too...

La Grille, rue du Faubourg-Poissoniere, 10th. Great fish, and the boeuf bourguignon ain't too shabby either...

Astier, rue Jean-Pierre Timbaud, in the 11th. One of the best qualite-prix ratios in Paris in my experience. Really good no-nonsense food, and a superb cheese board. Pretty crowded and noisy, though...

Auberge Pyrenees-Cevennes, rue de la Folie-Mericourt, 11th. Quite a bit more expensive than Astier, and for good reason. A very good menu, perhaps the best cassoulet in Paris (?), but also a great selection of more "refined" food. Excellent wine list...

Le Petit Marguery, blvd. du Port-Royal, in the 13th. I might just eat here every night for the rest of my life (if I could afford it...) I love the ambience of this place. I could go on all night about the menu, especially when game is in season. The fish is pretty wonderful too. A good list of Burgundies, some of which are almost affordable. And Grand Marnier souffle, to eat which is probably a mortal sin. I want to call them now and make reservations for Friday night - don't think I could get there any earlier...

Also at the less expensive end of the scale, Au Petit Fer a Cheval in the 4th, Aux Charpentiers and Polidor in the 6th, and Restaurant Bleu in the 14th. Some of these last four are perhaps a somewhat quirky personal list, and I could understand why someone other than myself might hate any of them - well, except for Restaurant Bleu, that is...

That's mostly a list of some of the more centrally located ones I have really enjoyed over the years. A couple of them I have not eaten at in quite a while, and some of them may even have ceased to exist. Such is the way of the world...

I enjoyed reliving the memories. Thanks!

Loudon-