We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

first trip to paris

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
georgia
reviews: 1
first trip to paris

My daughter and I will be going to Paris in May and I still don't have a hotel booked. I have read so many reviews that my head is spinning! I like the sound of the Opera area or maybe the Arc area. Every time I think I have found the perfect place, I read a terrible review. I would like to have a room for under $200/night but with A/C and private bath. I also prefer a true Paris hotel, small and charming; not a Best Western, etc. Does anyone have a suggestion? Thanks!!

SFpeninsula
1. Re: first trip to paris

This trip to Paris I will be staying at the

Hotel Clement in St. Germain de Pres (6).

I too wanted a charming small true Paris

Hotel and this fit the bill (of under $200).

Take a look attheir web site and see

what you think.

Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 14
2. Re: first trip to paris

Hi Msjm,

Exciting! If you would like to stay near the Arc, you are typically looking at a lot of $$$, however, there is a great little basic hotel called the Ceramic Elysees. It's very French, but more imporantly very close to the Arc de Triomphe / Champs Elysees. This is a fantastic area!

There are many hotels in the Opera area but there is a couple that may of some interest to you, http://www.hotels-paris-opera.com/ (I honestly do not know much about these hotels, other than the fact I used to sell rooms and have had no clients complain.. which is always a good sign.

Some tips: To save money, look for the restaurants with set menus. They are much cheaper and you will get many options for your meal.. typically around 26eur. The best place for a variety of restaurants is in the Latin Quarter district.

Avoiding lines at the Louvre, there is a side entrance to the Louvre that wont take nearly as long as the main entrance in the pyramids! Hopefully it will be open when you are going. Make sure to check out the Napoleon Apartments.

Shopping: Galleries Lafayette is incredible! You can shop for hours there.. there is a separate womens store, mens store and generic store.. each the size of an 6 floor Macy's! And.. there is some great shopping along Rue du Rivoli.. (close to the Louvre).. If you venture in the side streets near this area, you will find some great photo opportunities. There are some name brand stores in and around this area and some boutique shops as well.

Eiffel Tower, try not to go up the tower at night as it can get very cold and its best to see the view in the daytime. At night however, the tower lights up and sparkles every hour on the hour. A nice sight to see!

I hope you will have found some of this information helpful!

Have a wonderful first trip in Paris!

USA
reviews: 3
3. Re: first trip to paris

If you use the SEARCH feature for this forum (not the general Search) and use HOTELS, and scroll back a few weeks, you'll come up with dozens and dozens of hotel recommendations and suggestions to suit your purpose.

And just for the record, hotels in Paris using the Best Western designation are NOT owned or operated by Best Western. They are locally owned and operated and as "..Parisian..' as any hotels in Paris. They are simply affiliated with BW for Reservations purposes only. There is in fact a perfectly charming hotel, HOTEL LEFT BANK SAINT GERMAIN, located at 9 rue de l'Ancienne Comedie, 75006, Metro: Odeon -- www.hotelleftbank.com/uk/navigation.htm which was until recently affiliated with BW which would fit the criteria of your request quite nicely.

texas
4. Re: first trip to paris

I can totally relate to MSJM as I feel exactly the same way. I'm about to lose my mind trying to find the "perfect" hotel. Our challenge is that we are a family of 5 and I'm struggling to find a nice hotel (or apartment) centrally located, with A/C (going June 6-9 - is A/C necessary?) without spending $400 a night (which it appears is the case if we have to take two hotel rooms to accomodate the 5 of us.) Would be interested in apartments, but haven't found any that will rent for 4 nights, and have been told NOT to do apartments if less than a week as we'll want the conveniences of a hotel and the concierage services as this is our first trip. Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

asia
reviews: 1
5. Re: first trip to paris

Hi Msjm & Casa. Similar situation here. We (5 of us) will also be in Paris around 6-9June and are looking around for a place to stay perhaps an apartment so as to keep costs down. But so far no luck. Those that I hv found are apts that only take 2-3 persons and rented out on weekly basis.

Now I am looking into Hotels and from past reviews it seems the ideal place to be is in the Latin Quartier because of the convenience ? Any Trip advisors out there have any suggestions for us?

Rgds/Tks.