We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Metro Pass

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fort Worth, Tx
Metro Pass

My wife and I are going to Paris for our 25th wedding anniversary. We purchased the 5 day 5 zone metro pass (Voucher) from Expedia.com. It appears they are only valid Monday through Friday from 5am to 6:30pm. Does anyone know if this is correct? All the other metro passes I have seen are good any time the metro is running.

First time post. Hope we didn���t double post.

Thanks for any information you can supply.

reviews: 9
1. Re: Metro Pass

This is the text from the page on www.ratp.fr (click on blue link called "visiter Paris", then change subsequent page to English)

Paris Visite, your essential transport pass to travel around Paris

Paris Visite is a travel card pass enabling you to use all the public transport services. It is the best way to get around Paris and its region! The Paris Visite pass consists of a travelcard and its ticket. It provides unlimited rides on the transport system of the ��le-de-France region: Metro, RER (express regional trains), bus, tramway, suburban Transilien SNCF trains, funiculaire de Montmartre, Montmartrobus, Noctambus, Optile bus system, within a given fare zone (from 1-3, 1-5 to 1-8).

Popular destinations include: Disneyland Resort Paris (zone 5), Ch��teau de Versailles (zone 4), Charles de Gaulle (zone 5) and Orly (zone 4) airports.

Paris Visite comes in 1, 2, 3, or 5 consecutive days versions.

***It is good from the first day of use (not from the date of purchase) until the last consecutive day***. You may buy Paris Visite in advance and save time avoiding last minute lines.

WHERE TO BUY PARIS VISITE?

Paris Visite pass can be purchased in all Metro, RER, Transilien SNCF stations, bus terminal ticket counters, RATP Boutiques, RATP sales desks at Orly and CDG airports and Paris tourist offices. You can also buy your pass in certain travel agencies and tour operators abroad.

HOW TO USE IT

Once you get your pass, immediately fill in your name on the card. Write down the card serial number on the ticket and write the date of first use. Card and ticket must be held together at all times. RATP staff are entitled to verify your pass at any moment.

FARES Fare zones

1 DAY

2 DAYS

3 DAYS

5 DAYS

Children* / Adults

1-3

4.55 / 8.35

6.85 / 13.70

9.15 / 18.25

13.70 / 26.65

1-5

8.35 / 16.75

12.95 / 26.65

18.25 / 37.35

22.85 / 45.70

1-8

11.40 / 23.60

16.75 / 34.30

21.30 / 42.65

26.65 / 53.35

Fares are displayed in euros. * From 4 to 11 years old. Kids under 4 ride free of charge.

Last but not least, buying your Paris Visite pass from RATP gives you selected advantages

Get your pass from any RATP window. We will be happy to provide special coupons giving you discounts and savings at selected merchants, restaurants, museums, theme parks...

Find below the special offers reserved for RATP Paris Visite pass holders:

WHERE

SPECIAL OFFERS

Bal du Moulin Rouge

The world famous cabaret. 1 Moulin Rouge porcelain ashtray offered.

(Except 24&31/12/04)

Bateaux parisiens

Sightseeing cruise, departing at the foot of the Eiffel tower. Several languages available. 50% off on the second sightseeing cruise ticket bought.

Canauxrama

Cruise along the Canal Saint-Martin. One free ticket for one adult ticket purchased (except week-end afternoon and public holidays).

Chez Cl��ment

Enjoy dining in a warm and friendly atmosphere. A cocktail or "cr��me brul��e" dessert will be offered with your main dish.

Cit�� des Sciences et de l'Industrie

Museum of science, interactive shows and exhibitions. Ticket entrance: 5.5 EUR instead of 7.5 EUR.

Les ��toiles du Rex

Go behind the scenes (and screen) of Europe's largest movie palace, seating 2800 guests. One free ticket for every adult ticket purchased.

Galeries Lafayette

Get a 10% discount* card and a gift** (a Galerie Lafayette bag) at the welcome desk (ground floor). Discount card must be presented at the cash desk before payment. Discount cannot be reimbursed once payment is made. Discount not good on food, services, books, records, articles marked with a red dot and other promotions.

Minimum of purchase: 30 EUR. **One bag per person.

Montmartrain

Get around Montmartre on board of this charming train. One adult ticket purchased = one free adult ticket

Mus��e Gr��vin Come and discover the Gr��vin Museum which

has been completely transformed.

You will meet and photograph and remember for ever 300 wax figures.

-25% on current full fare.

Mus��e du Vieux Montmartre The place where you can get to know more about Montmartre. One adult ticket purchased = one free adult ticket

L'Open Tour 3 routes to discover Paris from an open double-decker bus. 21 EUR instead of 25 EUR.

Op��ra Garnier Go behind the scenes of the famousOp��ra, Charles Garnier's masterpiece. Reduction for the second visitor: first ticket 6 EUR, second ticket 4 EUR. Plus enjoy a 5% discount at the book and gift store.

Mus��e Jacquemart Andr��

Discover 150 masterpieces from the Italian Renaissance, the 18th century frnech school and the Flemish masters. One free admission for one adult ticket purchased.

Mus��e du Vin

Museum of wine, featuring the wealth and diversity of France's heritage in wine growing and wine. One free admission for one adult ticket purchased.

Stade de France

30% discount on the usual price. Valid for ���Au c��ur du Stade��� visits, on presentation of this voucher. This offer cannot be combined with any other offers. The offer is valid for single tickets only.

Tour Montparnasse

Panoramic view of Paris from its 56th floor or open-air terrace on the 59th level. 35% off the regular adult rate. Not good on children rate.

USA
reviews: 3
2. Re: Metro Pass

>>>My wife and I are going to Paris for our 25th wedding anniversary. We purchased the 5 day 5 zone metro pass (Voucher) from Expedia.com. It appears they are only valid Monday through Friday from 5am to 6:30pm. Does anyone know if this is correct? All the other metro passes I have seen are good any time the metro is running.<<<

You are a bit confused about which Transportation pass you've pre-purchased and how it work.

To begin with, if you prepurchase a Paris public transportation pass from Expedia (you paid too much), it can only be the PARIS VISITE pass and it is good for all Metro/RER/Bus fares within Zones 1-5 for ANY five(5) CONSECUTIVE calendar day (not just Mon-thru-Friday. The 'clock' on this pass begins on the FIRST day that you insert the Metro ticket into a turnstile. The term of this pass is in calendar days--not 24 hour days. So if you use it for the first time at 8 PM, the first DAY of the term ends at midnight. The pass is good from FIRST TRAIN in the morning (approx. 05:30 AM until LAST TRAIN in the evening (approx. 00:45 AM--12:45 AM)

Fort Worth, Tx
3. Re: Metro Pass

Thanks KDKSAIL. I was hoping we were wrong about the times, but we called Expeida and they told us the pass was limited. I have heard that Expedia sometimes doesn���t know what it is offering or could be we just simply don���t understand the wording. Below is what their website say���s about the pass we purchased.

At any rate, thank you for replying.

Zones 1���5:

This pass includes all of the above regions, plus the major suburban sites such as Auvers-sur-Oise, Chate��u de Versailles, Chantilly, and Disneyland Paris. Fare zone 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5.

Duration:

Available for one, two, three, or five consecutive days

Available:

Mon.���Fri., 8 AM���6:30 PM; please note that this pass is not valid on Sat. and Sun. or any major holidays.

Operational times:

The Paris Metro and buses begin operation at 5 AM daily and end around midnight.

USA
reviews: 3
4. Re: Metro Pass

Travelnutty's response above is a straight Copy & Paste from the RATP web site's official description of the PARIS VISITE pass. You will notice that there is NO mention of Saturday or Sunday useage. Metro lignes do begin running trains at 05:30 AM and continue untill approx. 00:45 -1:00 AM (12:45-1:00 AM...depending which stop you're at along the ligne) but most public bus routes don't begin running that early and many public bus routes curtail or stop service after 7-8 PM. Don't rely on public buses in the evenings. You can be standing at the curb for a looooong time waiting for the next bus to come along. There is limited late-night NOCTABUS service on a few special routes around Paris.

Tampa, Florida
reviews: 20
5. Re: Metro Pass

When I went to Paris last month, I ordered my Paris pass thru a website that had no mention of time limits. But while corresponding w/ a new email buddy who was going to be meeting me out there, she said she also ordered the pass. But she got hers thru Expedia and it said that it was only good for certain hours during the week. After hearing this, I kinda "freaked" and asked about it on this forum, to which I was told that Expedia is wrong. Which is exactly as it turned out to be once I was in Paris. Neither one of us had any problems using our passes during these "off-peak" times.