We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nightlife in the Latin Quarter/St. Germain areas

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Miami, Florida
reviews: 14
Nightlife in the Latin Quarter/St. Germain areas

What kinds of activities are there after dark in these areas, i.e. dance clubs, etc.?? We will be staying on Rue des Ecoles at the Hotel Claude Bernard.

reviews: 6
1. Re: Nightlife in the Latin Quarter/St. Germain areas

Well Monk, the are plenty of churches around so after dark that would be...Vespers?

Miami, Florida
2. Re: Nightlife in the Latin Quarter/St. Germain areas

Thanks for the chuckle Jack but these monks are looking for real nightlife that's not so holy.

Miami, Florida
3. Re: Nightlife in the Latin Quarter/St. Germain areas

Any suggestions?

Southern California
reviews: 3
4. Re: Nightlife in the Latin Quarter/St. Germain areas

I seem to remember that on the Blvd. Saint Germain there are a couple or more bars that are open late. I can't recall the names but one was very close to and on the same side of the street as the Deux Magots. You may want to check a travel guide book. This may sound funny but "Paris for Dummies" has a section on nightlife.

Ohio, USA
reviews: 4
5. Re: Nightlife in the Latin Quarter/St. Germain areas

I'm not sure that monks should have any interest in such things, but...

Actually the Latin Q/St. Germain area is not particularly noted for its dance clubs. I think you'll find more happening places on the other side of the river, particularly in the 11th and 13th arrondissements.

There is a great joint - kind of a combination piano bar upstairs and jazz club/cabaret in the cellar on the rue Galande just a few steps from the river near Notre Dame called Aux Trois Mailletz. I've been knwn to walk home from there with the dawn chorus...

And there is the perennial Caveau de la Huchette on the rue de la Huchette - again a jazz club rather than a dance club. And there are a few other places in the rue St-Benoit very close to the Eglise St. Germain whose exact names are now lost in a fog somewhere but they are all more jazz clubs than dance clubs. If you want me to I'll go scour around the unused parts of my brain and see if I can dredge any of them up.

I think there are a couple of big dance club type places near the Montparnasse station which is not far away but others may be able to tell you more about those. One I think is called Amnesia - which seems somehow appropriate...