I'm new here and was excited to see some members are knowledgeable about Corsica, a place I've longed to visit for many years. Here are some questions I have:
1. Would it be worthwhile to go during the first week of May (in terms of weather, accommodation and anything else)? Bear in mind that this might be our only chance to get to Corsica.
2. Would it be worthwhile to spend the 5-7 days of May there?
3. Any recommendations on affordable ways to get there from Amsterdam? So far, it looks like KLM's flight to Nice is most affordable, then we'd need to take a ferry. I could only find flights on KLM & Air France. But a flight from Amsterdam to Corsica would save us time so maybe it's worth paying extra (especially when considering the ferry costs).
4. Any recommendations on car rentals? For example, if we take the ferry from Nice, would it be best to rent in Nice and pay the extra to take a car to Corsica, or would it be better to rent in Corsica?
5. Any hotel recommendations? There will gbe 5 of us, in our 20's, 30's and 50's. We have traveled a lot and are interested in the beach & natural beauty sights (inland okay).
6. I noticed that (some of) the ferries have limited travel in May (don't sail everyday). Which ferry is the fastest and which is most affordable?
7. If you could spend 5-7 nights there in May, what would your itinerary be?
Many thanks for answers to any of the above .