We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tours or Amboise in late September

Which Tours hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dubai, United Arab...
reviews: 2
Tours or Amboise in late September

Hi,

We are planning to visit the Loire valley after the 20th September from Paris by train. We will not be hiring a car as we have just 2 nights to spare. I was thinking of doing a half-day chateau tour with one of the companies. The question is: do I stay in Tours or Amboise? Being that time of year, I guess Amboise wont be too crowded but not sure if it's difficult to get to by public transport from Tours? Also, what would be the best time of week to visit- weekdays or a weekend. I guess transportation will be tough on a Sunday. We want to stay in a nice chateaux-type accommodation and just relax in the countryside, so don't really need too much to do, just some places to eat and drink. Also would like to go to Vouvray for some wine-tasting.

Any suggestions at all?!

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
reviews: 4
1. Re: Tours or Amboise in late September

This question has already been posted (with answers) in the Loire Valley forum:

tripadvisor.com/…51093602

2. Re: Tours or Amboise in late September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, yesterday
Get answers to your questions about Tours