We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tours sites to see in one evening

Which Tours hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Long Island
reviews: 1
Tours sites to see in one evening

We will be staying one night in Tours (arriving at 5:00PM or 1700 hours) as part of a tour on a Monday in the third week of July. We will be staying at the Mercure Tours Nord 11 Rue de l'Aviation, 37100 Tours, France. We only have one evening to see Tours. Please give me recommendations what sites we should go to in the one night that we will have. It would also be useful to have directions from the hotel and to know if certain sites would be closed after a certain time. Thank you very much for any advise you can give,

Long Island
11. Re: Tours sites to see in one evening

Thank you for the specific information and the website.

Loire Valley
reviews: 7
12. Re: Tours sites to see in one evening

All the advice you have received is good, except for one thing: I think your problem is going to one of location - your hotel is in the middle of a retail park outside the city of Tours. The hotel may be able to call you a taxi, but I wouldn't be too sure about that, especially at that time of the evening.

Even if you do manage a taxi, it could take you quite some time to reach the city as the roadworks for the tram are particularly troublesome around that area. The taxi will probably take you right around the outskirts, across the Loire on the Autotoute and back into town that way (that's the way I would do it, although you could end up sitting for 15 minutes in the back of the cab on the motorway exit even so).

it will be an interesting exercise though - do let us know how you get on!

Long Island
13. Re: Tours sites to see in one evening

Thank you for your overall advise. We will have to plan accordingly based on where our hotel is located.

14. Re: Tours sites to see in one evening

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, April 14, 2014