We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

11 mins enough to change trains @ SPDC w/ big rolling bag?

Which Tours hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dallas, Texas
reviews: 91
11 mins enough to change trains @ SPDC w/ big rolling bag?

It would help alot if someone could tell us if 11 mins was enough to change trains from the Tours- St. Pierre Des Cors train TO the SPDC - CDG train? We have a big rolling bag to deal with so we can't sprint.

Thank you,

B

Destination Expert
for Provence
reviews: 2
1. Re: 11 mins enough to change trains @ SPDC w/ big rolling bag?

In a single word - NO !!!

WHY ??? Mostly because you cannot be sure that your train from Tours-St. Pierre Des Cours will be on time, and even if it is, 11 minutes to change trains is just not a reasonable interval, even if you could sprint.

Dallas, Texas
2. Re: 11 mins enough to change trains @ SPDC w/ big rolling bag?

AlpillesGal,

Are you serious? If they offer that, that should work right? A later one has a transfer time of 7 mins.. Isn't a case of just changing platforms? Assuming that they're close to one another since it is offered?!?

It sounds like you are speaking from experience! The trains in germany, Switzerland and Austria run like clockwork. I know better than to trust the Italian schedules. (I love them though

Thanks. I'll try to ask the lady at our hotel...in my funny French!!

B

Loire Valley
reviews: 7
3. Re: 11 mins enough to change trains @ SPDC w/ big rolling bag?

In the correct word, yes. Definitely, without a doubt. Plenty of time - you could have a cup of coffee while you're waiting too.

The trip from Tours to St Pierre des Corps takes about 5 minutes, and is timed to connect with the TGV. It is a shuttle train ("navette"). The only people on that train will be there to catch the connecting TGV.

The Navette arrives at platform 1 and the TGV departs from Platform 2, giving you 11 minutes to travel 3 yards on foot.

Loire Valley
4. Re: 11 mins enough to change trains @ SPDC w/ big rolling bag?

I should have said "normally departs platform 2" I once had to walk all the way to platform 4 to do the change.

On the train you are talking about there will be people who are commuting to Paris for work - just follow the self important looking guys with laptops. :¬)

You will still have time tho - even if the train to CDG does depart from the furthest platform. You can check which platform it is using today (or any other day) by going to gares-en-mouvement.com/fr/… at about 8.30am French time. You're looking at train 5260.

You can check the navette at 8.20 by going to gares-en-mouvement.com/fr/…

Edited: 11:20 pm, February 25, 2012
Argentina
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
reviews: 57
5. Re: 11 mins enough to change trains @ SPDC w/ big rolling bag?

I take the "navette" from Tours to St. Pierre + TGV to CDG every year, on my way back to Argentina.

Nothing to worry about. It's absolutely stress-free.

(I travel with two big bags + carry-on).

Most people will have loads of luggage, strollers, etc. ... and the small luggage compartment at the end of each wagon will be overflowing .... it's the only TGV journey where I think it pays off to buy a 1st class ticket.

Dallas, Texas
6. Re: 11 mins enough to change trains @ SPDC w/ big rolling bag?

Dear WizofAus and Verobaire,

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for your VERY informatiive and positive replies. We don't have strollers and we've each handled our rolling luggage running for other trains.

Hopefully then the arrival at CDG will be at the correct terminal and AirFrance will be in the same terminal!:)

Merci beaucoup, ya'll!

B

Argentina
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
reviews: 57
7. Re: 11 mins enough to change trains @ SPDC w/ big rolling bag?

Oh, yes, forgot about that part - the terminal: the train station is in the same terminal as Air France.

cdgfacile.com/acces-aeroport/…

Dallas, Texas
8. Re: 11 mins enough to change trains @ SPDC w/ big rolling bag?

Verobaires,

You are awesome! Thank you soooo much!

B

Tampa, Florida
9. Re: 11 mins enough to change trains @ SPDC w/ big rolling bag?

Or maybe even the official site for the airport

aeroportsdeparis.fr/ADP/en-gb/passagers/home/

Dallas, Texas
10. Re: 11 mins enough to change trains @ SPDC w/ big rolling bag?

Thank you, Sunshine. Wish we had that link a few years ago when we trying to return the rental and figure where to go. We missed our Flt back to the states despite having an hour to spare.