We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone flown from London to Tours with Ryanair

Which Tours hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 41
Anyone flown from London to Tours with Ryanair

I'm looking at a week long trip in July from London to Tours with Ryanair. I will be buying a guide book on Tours as I have no idea how big the area is etc. Just wondered if the flight is anywhere near the main town (if there is one) so I can decide on a hotel too.

Any suggestions on a decent 3-5 star hotel for solo female traveller?

I intend to do some tours (noticed good reviews for Paris Vision) and relaxing too.

Many thanks

Armagh
reviews: 27
1. Re: Anyone flown from London to Tours with Ryanair

I flew in from Dublin for a week in October. The airport is only a few kilometres from the airport, with a bus service into the city centre, geared to the Ryanair flights.. I'm another solo female traveller, there were many options in the city centre as far as accommodation etc was concerned, and I booked through the tourist office.

Tours is a good central base, particularly as a rail hub - that week I went to Orleans, Blois and Langeais by train, and Loches by SNCF bus (as there was a rail strike that day!) I also found plenty to do in Tours for a couple of days - the Beaux Arts museum and St Gatien cathedral are well worth a visit, the shops and markets are good, and I particularly enjoyed browsing the antiques quartier. There are lots of green spaces as well, parks and gardens.

I'm planning a trip back soon, I hope to visit some of the other chateaux and Bourges.

The Tours tourist information site is

www.ligeris.com/

Cumeray a Gennes
reviews: 28
2. Re: Anyone flown from London to Tours with Ryanair

It's a good service that is quite busy but we use it to go back to the UK when we visit family (we live near Saumur). Tours is reasonably big but you are well situated to do chateaux (East) or wine (West).

Can't recommend any accommodation that far East but have plenty to recommend in and around Saumur.

Just ask if you need any other recommendations.

3. Re: Anyone flown from London to Tours with Ryanair

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:16 pm, October 01, 2012