We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renovations at Chambord

Lund, Sweden
reviews: 1
Renovations at Chambord

I'm planning to take some friends to France in April. I had thought I would rent a room in the Hotel Saint Michel, just across from the Chateau de Chambord, as I've done several times before with other friends and family. On their website, I've discovered that they have some ongoing renovations of the chateau. Basically, I was hoping someone who has been there lately would respond as to whether these renovations are extensive and should we think of staying near another castle, like Amboise, on this particular trip.

2 replies to this topic
England, United...
reviews: 20
1. Re: Renovations at Chambord

According to their website:-

From 16 December 2013 to 15 June 2014, the Lanterne Tower will be completely cleaned and restored. Half of the western terrace, along with the entire northern terrace and passageway of the François I Tower will be closed to the public.

Restoration of the Dieudonné Tower will begin 16 December 2013 until 31 August 2014. The programme designed for the Henri V Tower will continue with the renovation of the embellishment found on the Dieudonné Tower, including cleaning the siding, replacing damaged stone, reinforcing important sculpted objects and preventing rainwater runoff. Half of the western and northern terraces will be closed to the public for 10 months due to the renovation of the Dieudonné Tower.

The restoration of the gardens is due to be completed in the spring of this year.

Lund, Sweden
reviews: 1
2. Re: Renovations at Chambord

Thanks for that information. I think I might look for a different hotel even though we might take a drive by Chambord any way.

Reply to: Renovations at Chambord
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted