We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dijon for the weekend...

Which Dijon hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Irish in Paris
reviews: 2
Dijon for the weekend...

You know...I never knew that Dijon had it's own forum. I guess I spend too much time in the Paris section :)

I'm thinking of laeving the capital this weekend, spending a couple of days somewhere 'quiet' and Dijon came to mind. It's not too far away from Paris, lots of trains (though about €180 for 2 people) and somewhere I've never been before.

What I don't know though is if I should book us into a nice, 3/4 star hotel and treat ourselves to a little class or do as we normally do and arrive in a town with no where to sleep and ask in the places that look ok but tend to be cheap.

Normally for us the hotel is a place to spend 8 hours so isn't very important but sometimes you get tired of bedbugs so if anyone knows somewhere that a couple of 30-year olds would call 'fancy' who are used to camping and B&B's than I'd welcome to information.

Aalso the cycle routes mentioned here :

dijon-tourism.com/fr/dijon_nature_cyclotouri…

Look interesting. We may just take the bikes on the train, spend the Sat in the town and leave Dijon on the Sunday to cycle somewhere new to spend the Sunday night.

Does this make any sense?

1. Re: Dijon for the weekend...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 7:38 am, May 24, 2009
Irish in Paris
reviews: 2
2. Re: Dijon for the weekend...

Thanks for all the help !

I e-mailed myhomeindijon.com as it looked perfect on the website and the place was free for the weekend, but I couldn't get back to confirm in time and since then it's been booked by a different couple for 12 days :(

I had my mind set on the place to the extent that booking a hotel doesn't seem all that interesting really. The idea being that cooking in the morning/afternoon meant that we could spend more in the evening....

Oh well....I'll just have to get over it :)

Dijon, France
reviews: 3
3. Re: Dijon for the weekend...

Hi, please let us know what you found, it could be useful.

And have a nice week end!

:-)

Get answers to your questions about Dijon