We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beaches

Which Saint-Malo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Carshalton, United...
reviews: 4
Beaches

We are staying near Saint Malo at Dol de Bretagne in June and would appreciate some advice about the best beaches for young children, are any local beaches suitable for swimming.

Essex
reviews: 71
1. Re: Beaches

There is/used to be a scheme called "Kid Station" in France, that listed beaches and Resorts deemed to be particularly safe and child friendly.

Googling will net you some information on this, but the official website no longer appears to exist, so I don't know if the scheme is still running.

Lots of the beaches on the Normandy Coast are lovely though with broad sands and gently sloping into the sea.

At present, I can only suggest that you google up the tourist office websites for different coastal places, that are close to Dol de B, and see what you think.

Cancale has its interest, but IMO the beach is not that fab.

Here is the Official St Malo site, to get you started.....

http://www.saint-malo-tourisme.co.uk/

Carshalton, United...
reviews: 4
2. Re: Beaches

Thanks Beaches

Barnstaple, United...
Destination Expert
for Barnstaple, Robin Hoods Bay, Whitby
reviews: 156
3. Re: Beaches

St-Malo itself has nice beaches for families, and this link quite helpful:

http://www.st-malo.info/beaches-islands.html

Edited: 4:48 pm, March 05, 2013
New York, NY
reviews: 49
4. Re: Beaches

In addition to the link provided by Riotstar, consider Plage de l'Ecluse, Plage du Prieure, and St. Enogat in Dinard.

JennySki
reviews: 47
5. Re: Beaches

St Cast Le Guildo has some lovely beaches and is about an hour I think from Dol de Bretagne. There is a wide town beach but actually the one that is near the Le Chatelet Campsite on the other side of the town is a more pretty beach I would say and you can swim there in among the boats etc. (that sounds awful saying it like that but its nice !) St Cast itself has restaurants etc and has a market too. I think that was pretty much the best beach we found. We had a day in Dol de Bretagne from St Cast - there is a good park "Parc des Grande Chenes" with boats and a children's level "high ropes" course (that is not too high)

6. Re: Beaches

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, May 24, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Saint-Malo