We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trans from Nantes to Carnac

Which Carnac hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Camberley, United...
reviews: 27
Trans from Nantes to Carnac

Hi I am going to Carnac in October, and have booked a flight from the UK to Nantes, i then need to get a train from there to Carnac, could you tell me please, which rail station the TVG trains goes from to Carnac, and what is the name of the station in Carnac.? many thanks

8 replies to this topic
Paris, France
reviews: 4
1. Re: Trans from Nantes to Carnac

You can go from Nantes gare to Carnac gare by train, via Auray.

You can go to www.voyages-sncf.com to see the details, sorry it's in French ...

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
reviews: 11
2. Re: Trans from Nantes to Carnac

You can get train times in English from en.voyages-sncf.com/en

Lorient, France
reviews: 33
3. Re: Trans from Nantes to Carnac

there are only summer train from auray to carnac

in october you will have to take a bus to makleauray/carnac

you can check on breizhgo

breizhgo.com/extension/…index.html

Queensland...
reviews: 108
4. Re: Trans from Nantes to Carnac

Hi all,

We are also planning to stay near Carnac for a weekend in October, and are considering going from London by Eurostar (and a few minutes ago I compared flying from Gatwick to Nantes - still trying to figure out how costs compare and how the travel time compares!)

We'll be staying in Oxford the night before this mini break, so it seems the options are go by coach from Oxford to Gatwick then fly to Nantes; or get ourselves from Oxford to St Pancras/Kings Cross to the Eurostar station, and then travel by train to one of the closest stations to Carnac (Auray?) Auray looks like it would be a very nice place to stay. If we do this, I'm confused about where to change trains - Lille or Paris/Montparnasse? It's difficult planning this far ahead when the TGV timetables aren't loading yet.

I'd appreciate any advise or suggestions about destinations and the journeys (sorry to gatecrash, Gemmabeagle, but your post seems to be on topic for me!)

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
5. Re: Trans from Nantes to Carnac

TGV times are available up to September and are unlikely to be different in October, so you can plan with reasonable confidence using September times.

If you change trains in Paris, you will have to use the Metro or a taxi to get from Gare du Nord to Gare Montparnasse. Changing trains in Lille might be easier, but some journeys from Lille to Auray require another train change at Rennes and some leave from Lille Flandres which is a few hundred metres from the Eurostar station at Lille Europe.

You need to spend some time looking at the French railways web site to see which journeys would suit you. You can get information in English from en.voyages-sncf.com/en but use Antarctic as the "Ticket collection country" to avoid transfer to RailEurope, which does not always list all the trains.

Queensland...
6. Re: Trans from Nantes to Carnac

Thanks for your prompt reply!

Very helpful (esp the tip about the ticket collection country).

cheers.

Queensland...
7. Re: Trans from Nantes to Carnac

ps I just found your website, with "Nick's tips - buying French train tickets". Even more helpful! thank you.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
8. Re: Trans from Nantes to Carnac

I am glad you find it useful: I had to battle the SNCF web site to buy tickets, so I thought it might help if I described what I had learned.

Reply to: Trans from Nantes to Carnac
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted