We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel to villac

Which Dordogne hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Travel to villac

We are going to be staying in Villac, we are flying in, the closest airports are Brive, Limoges Bordeaux. Still a way from where we will be staying. I've tried to look at getting a train from any of these and am getting nowhere. I would like to know what our options are to get to Villac without spending a ridiculous amount of money? We do not want to rent a car as my partners parents are meeting us in Villac with theirs.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
reviews: 11
1. Re: Travel to villac

There is no point in starting a new thread just because you don't like the answer in your previous thread: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187070-i12-k61678…

You need to rent a car. There is no train, and no useful bus service.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
reviews: 22
2. Re: Travel to villac

Villac is only about 30 miles from Brive which would seem the most sensible option in terms of airports. There is no practicable route by train from Limoges and Bordeaux is 120 miles away.

The nearest station to Villac is at a little village called Terrasson, about 11km away. This is on the line Bordeaux - Périgueux - Brive and has a train about every two hours on weekdays and less often at weekends. I don't know if taxis are readily available, there is no information on the railway website.

…ter-sncf.com/Images/Aquitaine/Tridion/25-AF…

is the current timetable.

Terrasson has one bus a day to and from Brive. So far as I can tell there is no bus service at all at Villac.

I hope that helps.

London, United...
3. Re: Travel to villac

I actually started a new thread because I thought it might be more helpful to post it in the region concerned and to point out that we didn't want or need to rent a car! Thanks for your help though!

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
reviews: 22
4. Re: Travel to villac

Ok in theory you could go by train Limoges - Périgueux - Terrasson, but trains are so few and far between that you could spend more time waiting than actually going anywhere.

London, United...
5. Re: Travel to villac

Thank you cubsur. Most helpful, will look into it.

Tampa, Florida
reviews: 7
6. Re: Travel to villac

Since your inlaws will have a car, have them collect you in Brive.

(this is why it's important to include relevant details when you ask for help.)

Edited: 5:12 am, February 21, 2013
London, United...
7. Re: Travel to villac

Which is why I submitted a new post! I don't think the inlaws will want to drive another hour out of their way after an almost 8 hour drive, but thanks to cubsurs actual advice we have sorted our travel arrangements now. Thank you!

8. Re: Travel to villac

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, February 23, 2014