We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel advice Sahagan to Bayonne

Which Bayonne hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne
reviews: 1
Travel advice Sahagan to Bayonne

I'm planning to travel by train from Paris to Bayonne and walk the Camino from St Jean to Sahagan. I need advice about getting back to Bayonne from Sahagan. Is this possible or should I consider flying from Paris to Bilbao instead as it appears to be easier to get back to Bilbao.

Phoenix, Arizona
TripAdvisor Staff  What's this?
1. Re: Travel advice Sahagan to Bayonne

Hi Ostraveller,

We've moved this topic to the Bayonne forum, because it should be more likely to receive some replies here. We hope you find the information you're looking for.

Best regards,

TA_MikeW

UK
2. Re: Travel advice Sahagan to Bayonne

It's odd that this has been moved here, as the trip from Sahagún to Bayonne needs knowledge of Spanish, not French, transport.

There are some similar questions on the Castile and Leon forums, which is where Sahagún is situated:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g187490-i383-o20…

From what I can see on the rail website, it's possible to get back to Irun on the French border (easy connections to Bayonne and onward), but it may involve an overnight stay somewhere.

It's just possible that it may be easier to get a train to Madrid, then the overnight sleeper to Paris, if that's your final destination. I use reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query2.exe/en to check train times, though the actual Spanish site for bookings is http://www.renfe.com/EN/viajeros/index.html

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
reviews: 22
3. Re: Travel advice Sahagan to Bayonne

If you are heading back to Paris it's best to aim for Hendaye, which is across the border from Irun and in France. There are some long distance trains from Spanish routes that cross the border and end in Hendaye. French trains all start their journeys in Hendaye.

There is no local service between the main station in Irun and Hendaye. The Euskotren station in Irun is a few minutes walk from the main station. There are trains every half hour Hendaye from there.

Melbourne
reviews: 1
4. Re: Travel advice Sahagan to Bayonne

I'm very grateful for all the answers provided, very helpful.

Thank you to all who replied.

5. Re: Travel advice Sahagan to Bayonne

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:19 am, February 04, 2015