We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train from Strasbourg to Brussels?

Which Strasbourg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Asia
Train from Strasbourg to Brussels?

We are visiting Strasbourg from Paris for 2 nights before going to either Brussels or Brugge but can't seem to find a train schedule that would take us directly to Brussels (though I recall seeing a post which said there are direct trains from Strasbourg). Any advice please?

Can the 5days Benelux France pass be used from Paris to Strasbourg and then to Brussels and Brugge and on to Amsterdam?

If we arrived on a Sunday, is there a market we can visit?

12 replies to this topic
Alsace, France
reviews: 70
1. Re: Train from Strasbourg to Brussels?

There are no Sunday markets in Strasbourg.

Use www.deutschebahn.de for your train times. You will need to change in Brussels for Brugge (Bruges) and you will have to change at least once between Strasbourg and Brussels. It all depends on which Brussels Station you will be using ... South (Zuid) and Midi both receive trains from Strasbourg, but those to Brussels Midi seem to require only one change. HOWEVER I don't know if your rail pass would be valid as these use TGV trains, for which a compulsory seat reservation fee is possible. You will need to take a train from Brussels Midi for Brugge.

Brussels
reviews: 9
2. Re: Train from Strasbourg to Brussels?

< South (Zuid) and Midi both receive trains from Strasbourg >

Brussel Zuid / Bruxelles Midi are the Dutch and French names respectively for the same station. Most international trains (and certainly the TGV) arrive and leave from there.

http://www.b-europe.com/Travel

To: Bruxelles-Midi (Be)

OR

To: Brugge (Be) (Bruges)

Alsace, France
reviews: 70
3. Re: Train from Strasbourg to Brussels?

Thanks for clearing this up for me! I've often wondered and never found out the connection between the two names! Je coucherai moins bête ce soir!! xxx

Asia
4. Re: Train from Strasbourg to Brussels?

Hi Alsacienne & Colin,

Thanks to you, I have now managed to sort out our train to Brussels.Such a relief!

Asia
5. Re: Train from Strasbourg to Brussels?

I eventually made our train reservations in and out of Strasbourg through voyages-sncf.

For the sector Strasbourg to Brussels we have been issued tickets which indicated "Without reservation". How can I reserve our seats now that the tickets are issued? I was not given an option to reserve seats at the time of booking.

We were however automatically assigned seats from Paris to Strasbourg.

Bucks
reviews: 2
6. Re: Train from Strasbourg to Brussels?

The two direct Strasbourg to Brussels trains don't have compulsory reservations. Just get on and sit where you like.

Asia
7. Re: Train from Strasbourg to Brussels?

As we are travelling in a group, I'd like to have reserved seats if possible so that we can be seated together. All it takes is for someone to just come up to us to tell us that the seats we have taken is reserved. It would be a hassle and stressful for to move and search for seats all over again.

Does this train have a non-reservable seat policy? Thank you

Bucks
reviews: 2
8. Re: Train from Strasbourg to Brussels?

The reality is, you get on the train, see loads of empty seats, find some together, check they are not reserved by looking for the reservation label, if there aren't any labels, no problem.

You cannot make seat reservations for this train online, you need to pick up the phone to any local European rail ticketing agency. You'll pay around €4 per seat reservation plus their fees.

Asia
9. Re: Train from Strasbourg to Brussels?

Great! This is very reassuring. Thanks for your advice.

Atlanta, Georgia
reviews: 148
10. Re: Train from Strasbourg to Brussels?

Hi;

I am reading through the posts and i am confused as I would like to go from Strasbourg to Brussels on a DIRECT train which according to above posts I can do, which website?

Thanks

Reply to: Train from Strasbourg to Brussels?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted