We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nov/December weather

Which Strasbourg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ontario
reviews: 22
Nov/December weather

Hi, I am visiting my daughter who will be doing a cullinary semester abroad in Strausburg. I am going Nov 27-Dec 16. I am from Ontario Canada and have never been to Europe before. Just curious what the weather is like around that time and what type of clothes/ and coat/boots should I bring. I know it sounds like a dumb question, but with airline baggage fees I want to pack smart. There is laundry facilities where my daughter will be staying, which I will be bunking in with her. I am so looking forward to traveling as I have only been to caribbean/Mexico on vacations.

Thanks so much for any info. T

Pittsburgh, PA
reviews: 28
1. Re: Nov/December weather

It will probably be a bit milder than Ontario, but I would check weather report right before you go. I'd probably take what we consider a "winter coat" here in Pgh., perhaps boots, but doubt if there will be any snow to speak of that early. As far as airline baggage fees, your should be able to check one bag free on an international flight; with that and your carry on, you should be fine for packing for any kind of weather. Wear your bulkiest clothes on the plane; you'd probably be wearing a winter coat at that time of year at home, too, right? Think layers and maybe silk underwear if a cold streak seems likely.

When my daughter studied in Strasbourg, I visited early Jan., and I was glad to have my wool coat, hat, and gloves, just as I would here at home.

www.wunderground.com gives historical weather info; no guarantee of what you'll find this year, but it will give you an idea of what to expect.

Happy planning!

Alsace, France
reviews: 81
2. Re: Nov/December weather

I second grandmere3's suggestion of checking www.weatherunderground.com regularly. I do so everyday ... after 20 years I'm still inaccurate in 'dressing for the weather'!

Strasbourg can be damp and chilly .... layers are the key, a raincovering is a good idea especially if it keeps the wind out. Comfy non-slip shoes are another MUST bring! But we do have shops here if you need to get something specific that you left at home, and for some people, shopping abroad is part of the fun of travel!

Have a great stay.

3. Re: Nov/December weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 pm, December 15, 2013