We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 days in Alsace: Itinerary Help

Which Colmar hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
rancho mirage
reviews: 1
4 days in Alsace: Itinerary Help

I am arriving at the Basel airport on eSept 14th with my husband and we plan on renting a car. We leave out of CDG on Sept 19th. I am toying with two options:

Option 1)

Drive to Colmar and spend two nights

one night in Riquewihr

Last night in Strasbourg. Drop off rental and take TGV to CDG and spend last night in Paris

OR:

Should I spend all three nights in either Colmar or a small village and then the last night in Strasbourg. We like to be able to walk to dinner at night. Is Colmar better bc it is a larger town?

Sydney Australia
reviews: 31
1. Re: 4 days in Alsace: Itinerary Help

Hi Kelly,

Colmar is pretty but one night should do it, It is a bit commercial and busy. The drive along the Wine Road is very enjoyable. Riquewihr is quaint and hilly. Probably spend a few hours here and then go on to Obernai to stay the night. It is gorgeous.

Then spend two nights in Strasbourg. It is worth it. Take a cruise on the Rhine which shows you this lovely city.

The Ibis opposite the station is cheap and most satisfactory. Some rather large rooms too. See if you can get a room on the corner. You can enjoy watching the passing parade on the square and the street below. Have fun! PottyaboutParis Sydney.

Alsace, France
reviews: 81
2. Re: 4 days in Alsace: Itinerary Help

Personally I'd go for three nights in Colmar (or close by such as in Eguisheim, Kaysersberg or Turckheimand one in Strasbourg! Or two in each. It's a very close call!

I think that you might prefer the cruise around Strasbourg on the River Ill - see www.batorama.fr for details,

There are plenty of Ibis hotels in Strasbourg, but if you have a rental car, and you are spending two nights, you should consider dropping off the car after dumping your luggage at your hotel. Strasbourg is not the most car-friendly city I've visited, and the central one-way system and limited parking can be frustrating especially in the rush hour.

The station Ibis is fine, but you might prefer the Centre des Halles one once you've got rid of your car ...

3. Re: 4 days in Alsace: Itinerary Help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 am, October 12, 2012