We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice place to buy a house/flat

Which Manchester hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
uk
Nice place to buy a house/flat

Hi! I am searching for a nice place to buy a house/flat in manchester. But my problm i that i need a place which is very accessible to the M60.

We r a fun loving couple and would like a place which has places to eat and basically with some life.

Please suggest.

Cheers

aq

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
reviews: 79
1. Re: Nice place to buy a house/flat

It depends on how much you want to spend and what sort of "life" you are talking about.

Cambridge, United...
reviews: 8
2. Re: Nice place to buy a house/flat

Can you be a bit more specific about what you want and where will you be mainly travelling to on the M60? One thing that spring to mind is Didsbury with a number of bars and restaurants but it's not a cheap place to buy. The north of Manchester in general like most cities is cheaper than south.

Shrewsbury
3. Re: Nice place to buy a house/flat

"The north of Manchester in general like most cities is cheaper than south."

Really, Is that true? How about Sutton Coldfield in expensive north Birmingham? Come to think of it north Leeds is more expensive than south, and and in London its more an East/West divide rather than North/South.

Radcliffe, United...
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
reviews: 53
4. Re: Nice place to buy a house/flat

Have a look at Bury its 10miles north of Manchester and has great transport links into town and just 2 miles from the M60 .

Cambridge, United...
reviews: 8
5. Re: Nice place to buy a house/flat

Jonesy55 - if you re-read the phrase, it says MOST cities. I know the north of Leeds is more expensive than the south, and I also know the west/east divide of London too.

Shrewsbury
6. Re: Nice place to buy a house/flat

Sorry, didn't mean to cause offence, I just wondered where you'd got that info from?

Anyway, parts of Chorlton are nice and cheaper than Didsbury

7. Re: Nice place to buy a house/flat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 am, August 23, 2009