We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunday in Manchester?

Which Manchester hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NYC
Sunday in Manchester?

Hi everyone,

I have one day free in Manchester - the downside is that it's a Sunday (24/9). What will be closed? Open?

thanks!

Manchester, UK
reviews: 10
1. Re: Sunday in Manchester?

Pretty much everywhere is open as usual (apart from bank, businesses and offices).

A few of the smaller shops and restaurants may be closed but generally everywhere's open. Shops open at 11.00 and close at 5.00.

The Art Gallery's open and Sunday is probably the best day to visit Chinatown as it's packed with Chinese families giving it a great atmosphere.

One thing...the Labour party conference is in town (it starts on the 24th) and there will be massive disruption, particularly around the G-MEX centre and the Midland hotel.

There's talk of protests and demos and all sorts. The main shopping areas and tourist areas are a fair distance from this part of town so it shouldn't stop you coming into Manchester but there may be road closures and restrictions on tram services.

manchester uk
reviews: 8
2. Re: Sunday in Manchester?

sunday is not quiet in manchester. the shops open approx 10:30 am / 11:00 am for 6 hours (they are not allowed to be open any longer than that).

i almost always visit the city centre on a sunday and have a late breakfast, early lunch or early evening meal in one of the many restaurants and bars in town.

you will have a fab time.

Cheshire, UK
reviews: 4
3. Re: Sunday in Manchester?

Majority of shops don't open until 12 o'clock now on a Sunday. It changed a few weeks ago. Coffee bars are open earlier though if you just want to sit and wait until the shops open.

Manchester
4. Re: Sunday in Manchester?

There's loads on in the evening that night too...

www.prideofmanchester.com/music/tickets.htm

Ed Byrne, Me & My Girl and Mogwai - if you're free Saturday night though, you should check out the massive charity gig with loads of Manc bands (Elbow, Badly Drawn Boy and many more)

Manchester, United...
reviews: 17
5. Re: Sunday in Manchester?

The Comedy Store on Deansgate Locks do a free night on a Sunday Twice a Month. Its free as its all the Comedians trying out new jokes and routines. Well worth it if your day in Manchetser falls on one of these Sundays and you are staying late enough.

6. Re: Sunday in Manchester?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, August 20, 2009