We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

comedy store

Which Manchester hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
uk
reviews: 32
comedy store

just looking for some advice. my boyfriend and i are satying in manchester for one night next sat and want to do something a bit different in the evening. i've been looking at the comedy store as it sounds a bit different, would anyone recommend this to people who aren't familiar with comedy clubs etc, the show thats on is 'best in stand up' also a the show is at 8 would people recommend to get the diner included, is it good food etc?

thanks for any help

emma

Bolton
reviews: 23
1. Re: comedy store

i'm not too sure what the foods like there. I'd recommend going to Dukes which is a stones throw from there by the canal and grabbing something there. it's quite good for a first time at a comedy club - a bit more professional than say the frog and bucket and you will have a good night. I acutally prefer the frog and bucket which is on Oldham Street but it does tend to be a bit raw

check out as well jongleurs. food's a bit "chicken in a basket" but good chicken in a basket

Fermoy, Ireland
reviews: 9
2. Re: comedy store

What time does the Comedy Store finish?

I'm heading over to Manchester this weekend from ireland and trying to plan what to do. Going to a comedy gig and then out on the town afterwards sounds good if to comedy finished early enough.

Cork
3. Re: comedy store

Is this comedy store only open on satudays or could I go any night? Where do I find out more about this comedy store?

I will be in Manchester next week for work and would love to do something different in the evening..... Any other suggestions of what to see and do in manchester next week?

Bolton
4. Re: comedy store

comedy store finishes about 10.30 i think as there is an 11pm showing as well. I tried this once but nearly fell asleep.

There is a website if you punch it into google. Jongleurs is near Canal St and China town, Frog and Bucket is on Oldham Streen in the Northern Quarter and The Comedy Store is on Deansgate Locks which varies from topshop central to too cool for school.

most of the bars (if not all) on the locks are open til 2am and have dance areas downstairs

Bolton
5. Re: comedy store

oh and it isn't only on Saturdays, Fridays is quite similar price and people wise. Wed and Thus range from spontaneous stand up, audience participation and local comics discussing (irreverently) local news so check before you go

pretty sure you can get tickets on ticketmaster for it which is recommended for Sat 8pm shows

England
reviews: 2
6. Re: comedy store

I like Jongleurs too. Tex Mex type food isn't the best but it isn't awful either. The difference at this place is that they pull all the tables back at the end of the show and it turns into a bit of an eclectic disco. It seems popular with students to 50 years olds alike and I must admit, with a few drinks in me I really enjoyed it.

Manchester
7. Re: comedy store

You can get ALL comedy listings for Manchester - there's many more comedy clubs than the one's mentioned above - at www.prideofmanchester.com/comedy/live.htm

Some good stuff on this weekend, but October is the best time as the Manchester Comedy Festival swings in to full swing.

8. Re: comedy store

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:20 pm, August 23, 2009