We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport transfer advice please.

Which Manchester hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin
reviews: 1
Airport transfer advice please.

Hey all. Sorry if this is one of those annoying threads where it looks like someone hasn't bothered their backside to search the forum...but I did do a little digging and can't seem to get the information I require.

We arrive at Manchester airport tomorrow at about 3PM. Ryanair flight, so T3 I think. We are staying at the Holiday INN Express just off Swan Street.

Can you advise me the options and prices for train into piccadily versus taxi direct please?

Regards.

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
reviews: 61
1. Re: Airport transfer advice please.

Trains to Manchester Piccadilly are literally every 5 minutes or so, single fare £4, takes about 20 minutes:

…nationalrail.co.uk/service/…dep

There is a covered walkway connecting all the terminals with the railway (and bus) station.

From Piccadilly it's about a 15 minute walk to Swan St., or get a taxi from the rank downstairs outside the station for about £5 max. You could also get a tram to Shudehill, but it's still a bit of a walk from there especially if you've got luggage.

To get a taxi all the way form the airport would be about £25-£30 I think, but that is a bit of a guess. Someone else may be able to say more accurately. It will take a bit longer than the train as well.

Enjoy your stay!

Edited: 10:32 am, August 29, 2013
Manchester, United...
reviews: 103
2. Re: Airport transfer advice please.

I would second the train option. The station at the airport is easy to find and well signposted from all terminals. Ask for a ticket to Manchester Central Zone as this covers your train to Piccadilly and onward tram to Shudehill (nearest tram stop), an off peak single will cost £4. Trains depart the airport station at 00, 03, 06, 17, 29, 35, 41, 46 and 55 past the hour. Much cheaper than a cab and almost certainly quicker on a Friday afternoon!

North West England...
3. Re: Airport transfer advice please.

If you haven't got a load of luggage, the train and tram is an easy option. Your hotel is a quarter of a mile from Shudehill tram stop. Catch a Bury tram from Piccadilly Station, as stated the tram fare is included in your rail ticket.

Your hotel is not on Swan Street, just walk from Shudehill up to New George Street - the street between The Crowne Plaza Hotel and Café North - and you'll see your hotel a few yards down that street.

Dublin
4. Re: Airport transfer advice please.

Thanks very much for these suggestions. We did indeed get the train to Piccadily and the tram on to Shudehill. Total cost was £4 and took around 35 minutes total, which is fantastic service and value.

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
reviews: 61
5. Re: Airport transfer advice please.

Great stuff, and thanks for coming back to update us. Enjoy your stay! (assuming you're still here of course).

North West England...
6. Re: Airport transfer advice please.

Glad it worked out fine and thanks for letting us know how you went on.

Edited: 9:12 am, September 02, 2013
Manchester, United...
reviews: 103
7. Re: Airport transfer advice please.

Glad it went smoothly, hope you are enjoying/enjoyed Manchester!

8. Re: Airport transfer advice please.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:21 am, September 04, 2014