We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seeing Manchester United

Which Manchester hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Indianapolis...
reviews: 16
Seeing Manchester United

I have been saving my money to see Manchester United for so long, and I think I have enough to finally go this fall!

I want to go to the game against Arsenal on November 10th but I am kind of worried about getting a ticket. I thought you could buy them just from being an official member, but I have heard that sometimes that isnt enough to guarantee a ticket. What other ways might I have to get a ticket for the game against Arsenal if I cant get one from manutd.com?

I want to book the flight now, but it would be terrible if I spent all that money on the plane and then wasnt able to get a ticket to the game =/

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
reviews: 65
1. Re: Seeing Manchester United

Your best bet would be book a ticket on Thomas Cook Sport.

It's not cheap, but also includes your accomodation in a hotel:

https:/…

Indianapolis...
2. Re: Seeing Manchester United

Wow yeah that is way over my budget, thanks for posting though :D

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Manchester
reviews: 74
3. Re: Seeing Manchester United

You'll see all the details you need on lots of United related posts on here.

You are correct that for the arsenal game ticket applications from official members will go to a ballot. The games against the 'smaller' clubs will be on a first come, first served basis, so you are best looking for one of those. United against Stoke or Southampton in October would be your best bet.

Mid week league cup or champions league games would also be an option.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
reviews: 39
4. Re: Seeing Manchester United

That's good advice from retep68, above.

I've been a member at ManU for many years and will be attempting to get tickets for the Arsenal match also. It's sure to be a ballot into which only members can apply. It's a big match and the ballot will be well over-subscribed. I estimate my chances of getting a ticket in that ballot are only about 50%.

In your special circumstances what I would do is - initially nothing other than carefully watch manutd.com ticket information. As soon as ticket applications for that ballot are open to members, phone up ManU ticket & membership services, explain where you're coming from for this special visit and ask if you can buy membership there and then but only if they can also guarantee your buying a ticket at the same time. That might work, and via an official channel. (If someone is coming with you will need to buy 2 memberships).

Unfortunately, that leaves things a bit late for buying your flight ticket which might have increased in cost.

Edited: 6:35 am, July 13, 2013
Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Manchester
reviews: 218
5. Re: Seeing Manchester United

Get your membership, then apply through the ballot. If your unsuccessful in the ballot keep ringing the ticket office. If you explain your situation and that your coming from the US, I am pretty sure you will get a ticket, even for the Arsenal game. It's really surprising how many tickets come back to the ticket office.

There is a champions league fixture the mid week before the Arsenal game. Not sure yet whether it will be at home or away, but if it does turn out to be a home game, I'm pretty sure you will get a ticket for this game.

Note the Arsenal game will now be on Sunday 10th November at 16.10 kick off. That will not change.

stalybridge
reviews: 129
6. Re: Seeing Manchester United

Call the ticket office and ask for advice,got beat today !!

Raleigh, North...
reviews: 2
7. Re: Seeing Manchester United

For what it's worth, you can always buy a Hospitality package. You can do that today and guaranty a ticket to the match. It is pricey -- 249 GBP or $375. Along with the ticket you get a post-match meal, a few free drinks, and a Q&A session with a former player.

…manutd.com/en/AvailableMatches.aspx - Scroll down to the Nov 10 Arsenal fixture and click Red Cafe Post Match option.

Indianapolis...
8. Re: Seeing Manchester United

Thanks for all your advice everybody! I will do everything I can to get a ticket to the arsenal game.

The hospitality pack is a good idea but where is the seat at? I dont want to pay that much and then get a bad seat.

If I cant get a ticket to the arsenal game, what about the everton game in december? I know the date isnt confirmed yet, but will that game go to a ballot?

I dont really want to go to a game against a small club. like I would love to go in september or october but I really want to go to a game against a top 10 side

Edited: 6:31 pm, July 13, 2013
Raleigh, North...
reviews: 2
9. Re: Seeing Manchester United

That particular hospitality package advertises a ticket in the Sir Alex Ferguson stand. If you click on the link below and choose the "Pitch View" option, it looks like the seats are alongside the field, almost in the corner next to the Stretford End.

…manutd.com/en/…RedCafePost.aspx

Other hospitality packages may be released prior to the match if demand is high...I think there were 5-6 options when I bought one for the Real Madrid match earlier this year. We ended up seated in the East Stand behind the goal in the upper stand. The seat in the Sir Alex Ferguson stand would be preferable to behind the goal.

If it's a special occasion (i.e. once in a lifetime chance to see United play in person), this is a great way to lock in a ticket to a big match. The United staff were wonderful and everything was high quality --- food, service, beverages, etc. I really can't say enough good things about the experience.

10. Re: Seeing Manchester United

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, July 16, 2014