We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lowry Outlet

Which Manchester hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
limerick
Lowry Outlet

Hi,

Heading to Manchester on Saturday to see Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, just wondering if the Lowry Outlet is worth a trip, on Saturday afternoon as we will only have a few hours sat, then hope to visit the Trafford Centre on Sunday, how much does it cost to get to both from City Centre (staying in Palace hotel) by bus and by taxi.

Thanks,

Bp

Cambridge, United...
reviews: 7
1. Re: Lowry Outlet

Hi - I wouldn't bother with the Lowry Outlet if you only have a few hours on Saturday afternoon. It's not a particularly a big place so I would stay in Manchester instead as there are plenty of shops!

I can't help you with the Trafford Centre question I'm afraid as I normally drive there.

London, United...
2. Re: Lowry Outlet

I also wouldn't recommend the Lowry Outlet as a destination, as there really isn't much there. It is however very near the Imperial War Museum and Lowry Centre, which could make the trip out to Salford Quays a bit more worthwhile. Fare on the Metrolink is £1.90 return from the city centre to 'harbour city'.

You can also get to the trafford centre by getting the metrolink to Stretford then a link bus, although there is also a direct bus, no 250 - day ticket for stagecoach buses is £3.

Chester, United...
Destination Expert
for Cheshire
3. Re: Lowry Outlet

My advice too is stay in Manchester. In my opinion there is much better shopping there than at either the Lowry or The Trafford Centre.

UK
4. Re: Lowry Outlet

Just to second CheshireCat, I would stick with NManchester alone - I am assuning you are going for the shopping - and as an independent Personal Shopper, Manchester is much better and you get the Mancunian flavour too which you dont get in the Trafford Centre!

If you are looking for anything in particular (shopping wise) please post and I will see if I can give you some great haunts!

Manchester, UK
reviews: 10
5. Re: Lowry Outlet

Agree with the guys here that you should stay in central Manchester, especially as there have been so many great refurbishments there recently so that you can take in some great sights as you shop.

For proper designer outlet shopping, you should go to Cheshire Oaks, but I guess that will be another trip some other time.

6. Re: Lowry Outlet

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:24 am, August 13, 2009