We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train back to London on match day or stay overnight?

Which Manchester hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kuala Lumpur...
reviews: 6
Train back to London on match day or stay overnight?

Hi,

I've got tickets for the 4/5th may match btw Chelsea n Man U. Should I stay overnight or there's no problem taking a train back to London after the match? Wld it b safe to travel so late at night back by train?

Thks!

Sheffield
reviews: 93
1. Re: Train back to London on match day or stay overnight?

Of course it will be safe. But look at nationalrail website for train times - the only danger is to miss the train.

London
reviews: 33
2. Re: Train back to London on match day or stay overnight?

The trains are perfectly safe, but last train departure may be earlier than you expect. What time does the match finish?

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Manchester
reviews: 74
3. Re: Train back to London on match day or stay overnight?

As stated, the trains are perfectly safe. Look to upgrade to 1st Class for very little extra for weekend travel.

The match could take place on early on Saturday afternoon, in which case you should be OK for getting back to London.

Outside of that you will be struggling to get a decent train service back to London. Saturday 15.00 kick off would be OK, but it's very unlikely to be that kick off time.

For Saturday 17.30 kick off, or early Sunday kick off, or 16.00 Sunday kick off - most trains you'd need to catch after those kick offs wouldn't get you back to London particularly quickly or without having change trains.

Personally, I'd wait until the date and kick off time is announced and book a hotel to suit (it could even be Monday 6th May - which I think is a bank holiday as well).

Edited: 6:17 am, February 26, 2013
manchester. uk
reviews: 20
4. Re: Train back to London on match day or stay overnight?

if you are booking train for after match i would book it about 2 hours after the end of the game - then no stress waiting to get the tram from the ground to picc

Kuala Lumpur...
reviews: 6
5. Re: Train back to London on match day or stay overnight?

Thank you all for your replies! will wait for the match date n time to be fixed before i buy my train tics then.

6. Re: Train back to London on match day or stay overnight?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, March 03, 2014