We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trip to uk

Which Manchester hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Ontario...
trip to uk

hello, i was wondering for some advise on my trip, i want to go to england to watch a epl game! manchester united of course, how can i obtain tickets? and i plan to stay at a hostel, any recommendations? thanks

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Manchester
reviews: 84
11. Re: trip to uk

Sorry you were disappointed then matt...

joe - it's been a gradual tail off in terms of demand for United tickets. Probably over the last 10 years. Certainly from about 92-02 if I couldn't go to a game I'd have a queue of people willing to take my season ticket off me for that game. Since around 2002 it's been harder and harder to get rid of spares. Now I wouldn't even bother trying to sell tickets on unless it's the derby or against liverpool.

The rareity of United tickets has pretty much always been a bit of a myth though. If you really wanted one you could generally get one and not necessarily a case of for any price either (at least for the 30 odd years I've been going). Although maybe that's being local. I guess a one-off visitor would have struggled back in the 90s and early 00s.

Toronto, Ontario...
12. Re: trip to uk

thanks for the messages guys! appreciate it alot!

i will be joining the united membership, maybe it will be easier that way, i would love to see the next derby match against city in april! would be a dream to see that live in old trafford. i will def try to get my hands on tickets first, and plan my trip around it haha, that's my main focus. i think its harder because im doing this overseas

13. Re: trip to uk

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, December 18, 2013