We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Places To Stay After Man U game

Which Manchester hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Minneapolis, MN
reviews: 14
Best Places To Stay After Man U game

My 17-year old son and I are coming to Great Britain for a trip to see some Premier League matches. We are planning to attend the Man U vs. QPR game in November. Looking for some recommendations for places to stay the night of the match. We are looking for a livelier part of town where football fans may be after the match. We are not looking for fancy accommodations, just clean and safe area.

Thanks

east midlands
reviews: 220
11. Re: Best Places To Stay After Man U game

Premier Inns are OK although rooms on the small side. Travelodges are the most basic of the chains and personally I wouldn't recommend them. The comments about hotel prices when United are at home are spot-on and it is sometimes difficult to find rooms in the city centre. Also bear in mind the game may well be on a Sunday or a Monday evening; I've been away and not yet picked up the tv alterations. In my view the location within the city centre isn't that significant; anywhere between the Gmex and the MEN centre is easily walkable and most of the evening eating and entertainment is in that area. Hotels nearer the ground are convenient for the trams and therefore the city centre so somewhere like the Holiday Inn at Media City is fine and rather nicer than the Premier Inns. I stay over quite often and would recommend you use the various on-line booking sites where you will sometimes find offers at selected higher rated hotels. Also try Accor Hotels who run Ibis [two convenient in city centre], Novotel and Mercure; each is pitched at a slightly different market but the overall standard is good.

Manchester, UK
reviews: 10
12. Re: Best Places To Stay After Man U game

They've already said who will be on on that Sunday and that Monday for TV so this game should (only should!) not be moved for that reason.

Zurich, Switzerland
reviews: 17
13. Re: Best Places To Stay After Man U game

Thank you very much for your detailed answer.

The National Football museum is definitely on my to-do-list while the Imperial War Museum and Lowry Centre aren't at the moment.

I think I will take a look at the city centre hotels. Prices do not seem to be very different compared to the Salford Quays hotels but the surroundings definitely are. :)

Zurich, Switzerland
reviews: 17
14. Re: Best Places To Stay After Man U game

@lancashireexile: somehow overlooked your answer. Thanks for it. It unfortunately just confirms what I thought and noticed. Hotel prices are way different to non-ManUtd-home fixtures. Just did a little comparison and prices vary a lot. Therefore I am still thinking of staying based in Liverpool. Since the question does not have anything to do with this topic, I opened a new thread for it: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187069-i236-k5582…

Would be great if I could get your opinion. Thanks a lot!

Kirksville, Missouri
reviews: 13
15. Re: Best Places To Stay After Man U game

I happen to be going to the Nov. QPR match as well. When I went last year I stayed at the Marriott Albert & Victoria on Water Street. About a 15 minute cab ride or so form Old Trafford, but an easy walk down Quay Street to a lot of places, and only about a mile from Arndale mall.

If you do stay in the area, make sure to go to the Christmas Market in the evenings in Albert Square. Crowded as anything, but a lot of fun.

16. Re: Best Places To Stay After Man U game

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, July 15, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Manchester