We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manchester Picadilly to Etap Hotel Salford Quays

Which Manchester hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Glasgow, United...
reviews: 16
Manchester Picadilly to Etap Hotel Salford Quays

Hi we will be arriving in Manchester for Stone Roses on june 30th at 10:30am. We want to get to Salford Quays to hotel asap so we can start heading in direction of Heaton Park early.

How do we get there from the station

Many Thanks in advance for you help

Manchester, England
reviews: 79
1. Re: Manchester Picadilly to Etap Hotel Salford Quays

Catch a tram from Piccadilly towards Eccles or MediaCityUK. Get off at Exchange Quay and the hotel is about 1 minutes walk.

North West England...
reviews: 1
2. Re: Manchester Picadilly to Etap Hotel Salford Quays

Hi,

Catch an Eccles, or Media City tram from Piccadilly Station to The Salford Quays stop, your hotel is opposite the tram stop.

To get to Heaton Park, catch one of those trams back towards the city centre, get off at Cornbrook and change to a Bury Tram. That tram will take you to The Heaton Park Stop.

You will not be able to catch a tram from The Heaton Park stop after the concert for your return journey, I believe it will be closed for safety reasons.

If you intend to use The Metrolink after the concert, Bowker Vale and Prestwich are the nearest stops to the park.

A £4.50 Metrolink Saver ticket will cover your tram fares for that day.

Good luck!

Glasgow, United...
3. Re: Manchester Picadilly to Etap Hotel Salford Quays

Thanks for your help. I think it will be walking back to city dented after the gig :( is it far?

Glasgow, United...
4. Re: Manchester Picadilly to Etap Hotel Salford Quays

Thanks for your help. I think it will be walking back to city centre after the gig :( is it far?

Edited: 6:19 pm, June 19, 2012
Manchester, United...
reviews: 7
5. Re: Manchester Picadilly to Etap Hotel Salford Quays

Yes that is far.......I wouldn't recommend that after being on your feet all day! Follow the masses to bowker vale tram stop or failing that get a taxi back to the city centre and then hop on a tram

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Manchester
reviews: 74
6. Re: Manchester Picadilly to Etap Hotel Salford Quays

About four or five miles back to the city centre.

Personally, to avoid the crowds, I'd head up Bury Old road towards Whitefield and get a tram at Besses back into town...

Edited: 3:42 am, June 20, 2012
Radcliffe, United...
reviews: 76
7. Re: Manchester Picadilly to Etap Hotel Salford Quays

they are also running shuttle buses from manchester up to heaton park and back,,you can buy tickets in city centre on the day..for a return journy or you can buy a single ticket back at heaton park for the journey into machester after the gig maybe that gives you a different option to get to heaton park and back

gigsandtours.com/Content/stone-roses-info#Bus

also gives you info on trams .etc

8. Re: Manchester Picadilly to Etap Hotel Salford Quays

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 pm, June 22, 2013