We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

walking

Which Manchester hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
hull uk
reviews: 10
walking

hi could anyone help me . what is the walking distance from the white house hotel salford to old trafford football ground. could anyone also tell me what is the surounding area like. are there any pub's near the hotel. thank you in advance.

hull uk
1. Re: walking

sorry fotegot to mention the hotel is down liverpool street

manchester england
reviews: 19
2. Re: walking

ask the pub themselves

manchester england
3. Re: walking

looked at where it is about 20 mins walk ok area outside manchester city centre

walkable

manchester england
4. Re: walking

Found the hotel quite easily (Saturday) by car from the M6 and the parking was lit and secure with several CCTV cameras in operation. The room was lovely with modern decor and en-suite shower/bath room, sky television, safe, tea/coffee, trouser press etc. It was within 15 minutes walk of the city centres 'Arndale Centre' and they allowed us to park our car with no extra charge all day Sunday until the football had finished at 6pm. Breakfast was included in the price and was a varied choice of continental and English style. Would definitely stay there again.

this is report

hull uk
5. Re: walking

u on drug's lynda

Manchester, UK
6. Re: walking

The White House is walking distance (about 20-25 minutes) through Ordsall. Not the best of all districts after a night match but fine during the day.

But, there are no pubs of note whatsoever near the hotel. There's one up the road that looks like a typical workmen's pub for the scrap yards nearby!

However, you're only five minutes by taxi from the centre of Manchester. Your best bet would be to get into Manchester, take trams to and from Old Trafford and then have a few beers in Manchester afterwards.

Cheshire, UK
reviews: 4
7. Re: walking

I agree with NFMac, I wouldn't walk from that hotel to Old Trafford, unless you want to risk the walk through Ordsall !!!