We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

MEN Arena best seats

Which Manchester hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
John Ernest Long
MEN Arena best seats

I would be grateful if any one with experience of going to the Men Arena would let me know which are the best seats from the following.

We are going to see Barry Manilow at Manchester MEN arena on 8 December.

We have a choice of seats in Block E, row C (ground floor, second block from the front)

The alternative seats are in block 115, row N (on the side)

We are 69/ 64 years old, so do not want to be standing, if people in front of us are standing up to block the view.

I would of thought the block 115 (side) would be better, but the price of the block 115 are CHEAPER! than the block E.

Regards, John Long

manchester england
reviews: 7
1. Re: MEN Arena best seats

take 115....the seats go in a horseshoe shape round the stage starting at 101 round to 115...meaning for example 107,108,109 would be far from the stage...block e seats are on the the flat..across the stage nearest blocks are a;b;c then d;e;f then behind them g;h;j hope it makes sense

Lancashire
reviews: 10
2. Re: MEN Arena best seats

Have a look here

ticketmaster.co.uk/seatingchart/254336/12132

Block E is central hence dearer

The MEN is a fantasic venue and there isn't really a bad seat. I would avoid the upper tier any block beginning with 2 eg 215.

The main floor area is uaually standing and i have never been and sat in that area. The stage is raised so i guess you will have good view.

There are usually screens either side of stage.

Best thing is the sound the acoustics seem to work there

Personally if you wanna save a few pounds go for 115 the only negative is that you will obviously be looking across stage. The plus is that its a more elevated postion

Oh i guess the seats on the floor will be on the folding temporary type.

But seriously the MEN is a great venue well used to hosting big gigs.

John Ernest Long
3. Re: MEN Arena best seats

Thanks to "jcManchesterEngland" and "MartinCat" for your very helpfull coments.

I think we will go for the 115 seats.

Regards, John Long

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
reviews: 981
4. Re: MEN Arena best seats

Block 115 looks fine and you will have a good view as you will be nearer the stage.

Only problem with MEN arena is the top tier which seems so high to be almost vertigo inducing.

5. Re: MEN Arena best seats

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, October 06, 2009