We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying at Marriott Victoria & Albert- where to have dinner?

Which Manchester hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
merseyside
reviews: 17
Staying at Marriott Victoria & Albert- where to have dinner?

I'm staying at the Marriott Victoria and Albert Hotel with my mum, and would like recommendations for somewhere nice to eat on a friday evening (with a couple of vege options for me!). Is there anywhere within short walking distance of the hotel?

Thanks

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Manchester
reviews: 74
1. Re: Staying at Marriott Victoria & Albert- where to have dinner?

V&A is on the edge of the city centre - not too far from a lot of places but, still 5-10 minutes from most places.

You're next too new places that have opended up as part of the Spinningfields development - Cafe Ha ha, Strada, Cafe Rouge, Giraffe, Shimla Pink (Indian). All of these are good - Cafe Ha ha is particularly good (for a chain) IMHO.

Just a bit further on is Luso on Bridge Street - my favourite. I'm a meat eater so, selfishly, I don't pay too much attention to the veggie options. That said, a friend is a veggie and loves Luse too (veggie that eats fish and seafood that is!).

Very close you have Akbars (Indian) and Sapporo Teppanyaki (Japanese) - both on Liverpool Road. Both are great but, Sapporo Teppanyaki would be better for Veggie options.

For a Friday night I'd recommend booking.

Hope that helps.

Liverpool
reviews: 33
2. Re: Staying at Marriott Victoria & Albert- where to have dinner?

Sorry to but in, but how far is the spinningfields from the Marriott, is it walking distance and which way when you come out do you have to go. Thought of this hotel myself but felt it was too far to travel to restaurants.

You have got me wondering now.

Gail

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Manchester
3. Re: Staying at Marriott Victoria & Albert- where to have dinner?

Come out of the hotel. Turn left onto Water Street. Keep going to the end of the road - you'll be able to see Cafe Ha Ha and Strada literally across the road. 5 minutes walk.

There's Giraffe, Strada, Gourmet Burget Kitchen, Zizzi, Cafe Ha Ha, Shimla Pinks, Cafe Rouge.

Go the opposite way (turn right onto Water Street) then left onto Liverpool Road and 5 mins up there you have Akbars (Indian) and Sapporo Teppanyaki (Japanese) - both very good imo.

Liverpool
4. Re: Staying at Marriott Victoria & Albert- where to have dinner?

Thanks for your reply, never booked this hotel as it seemed to be out of the way for restaurants etc, will now be able to have a good day's shopping and go locally for something to eat, love Ha Ha we have one here in Liverpool.

Thanks for your help.

Gail

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Manchester
5. Re: Staying at Marriott Victoria & Albert- where to have dinner?

Gail,

In case you read this - I drove past the V&A today and it's even closer to Spinningfields (Ha Ha, GBK, Strada etc...) that I'd pictured. About 100 yards! 1-2 minutes walk!

Cheers

Pete

Liverpool
6. Re: Staying at Marriott Victoria & Albert- where to have dinner?

Pete, you have made my day thanks for that. Just on another note could you tell me how far it would be to walk to the Fat Cat cafe bar which is I think is somewhere near the deansgate arches, like that place too!

Gail

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Manchester
7. Re: Staying at Marriott Victoria & Albert- where to have dinner?

Gail,

Fat Cat is actually in (under?) the "Deansgate Arches" - Deansgate Locks ;)

It's about a 10-15 minute walk. Follow directions to Liverpool Road above. Carry on to the end of Liverpool Road (straight road, past the Museum of Science and Industry), turn right (onto Deansgate), second left (after going under the bridge) onto Whitworth Street West and Deansgate Locks and Fat Cat is on your left.

When I used to live round this part of town I'd often go to Fat Cat for Sunday breaksfast (and hair of the dog) :)

Cheers

Pete

Liverpool
8. Re: Staying at Marriott Victoria & Albert- where to have dinner?

Thanks Peter you're a star, a weekend in Manchester beckons.

Gail

merseyside
reviews: 17
9. Re: Staying at Marriott Victoria & Albert- where to have dinner?

Just incase anyone reads this in the future- we went to Cafe Rouge in Spinningfields, and both got food poisoning! Not a great reccommendation! Maybe try somewhere else!

10. Re: Staying at Marriott Victoria & Albert- where to have dinner?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:22 am, September 20, 2009