We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good Food in Manchester

Which Manchester hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ireland
reviews: 2
Good Food in Manchester

Travelling to Manchester for a match and shopping trip - Saturday is the match and saturday night is ricky hatton fight so prob just grab something quick and find a good sports bar - any recommendations ??

Anyway - Sunday is my day as hubby will have O.D on sport so going christmas shopping but want to book a nice meal for Sunday night - staying in Deansgate so soemthing close by - want something special - Thanks

Manchester, United...
reviews: 5
1. Re: Good Food in Manchester

What sort of food and budget?

Ireland
reviews: 2
2. Re: Good Food in Manchester

open to suggestions but like french style or just a nice restaurant with nice steak/lamb/duck - normal restraunts I guess - was thinking of China Town for the Saturday - budget anything up to €200

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
reviews: 39
3. Re: Good Food in Manchester

'Something special' and French = Midland Hotel French Restaurant. Another high-end (ie good food and high price) is River Restaurant at Lowry Hotel. (Hubby might like that as Tevez & Hargreaves seem to have been staying there, as has Becks & England team many times). Also for French (we like this a lot as it's much more reasonable price) is Brasserie Blanc, with which Raymand Blanc is associated. All those recommendations are a 5 mins stroll from Deansgate.

Northern Ireland...
reviews: 48
4. Re: Good Food in Manchester

My favourites are:

'The Italian' on the corner of Deansgate and Blackfriars

'San Rocco' on Cheatham Hill (would need a taxi if no car)

manchester
Destination Expert
for Manchester
reviews: 117
5. Re: Good Food in Manchester

there is also a san rocco in the city centre though. that's decent.

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
reviews: 95
6. Re: Good Food in Manchester

The "Second Floor" in Harvey Nichols store in Exchange Street is good - a French inspired menu. Open Saturday evenings until 10.00 p.m., closes Sunday at 5.00 p.m.

The "Restaurant Bar and Grill" in John Calton Street is very competent. Open Saturdays 12 to 3 and 6to 11; Sundays 6 to 10.30.

For Chinese the "Yang Sing" in Princess Street remaims supreme. A luinch I had there with the Chinese Consul a couple of years or so ago remains in my memory as one of my all-time great meals.

Manchester, United...
reviews: 193
7. Re: Good Food in Manchester

All good suggestions and ideas so far, but just off Deansgate is the Grill on the Alley and Groucho's, both are steak restaurants with fantastic menus.

Wherever you choose, from the suggestions you wount be dissapointed.

manchester
reviews: 22
8. Re: Good Food in Manchester

Just been to the Manchester Food & Drink Festival today and a restaurant called TQN - The Northern Quarter was doing chef demos, it was fantasic! Great Value too Starters from £5 - £8 and mains £10 - £25. Also if you like your seafood Livebait is good too. If you are on for a night out in China Town try Teppanyaki or a place called Try Thai. Both good well presented restaurants.

9. Re: Good Food in Manchester

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:19 pm, September 11, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Manchester