We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel in Manchester City

Which Manchester hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cork, Ireland
reviews: 3
Hotel in Manchester City

I am travelling to Manchester in August with two friends. We are thinking about staying at the Arora International Hotel. It has got really good review on Trip Advisor. We want to stay in the city centre, near the pubs, clubs and shopping. Would the Arora fit these requirements?

Manchester, UK
reviews: 10
1. Re: Hotel in Manchester City

It looks a great place...and it's in a superb location for all your requirements. It's supposed to be very trendy too with a funky (and expensive bar/restaurant) underneath.

It's in Chinatown with some great restaurants nearby.

But, practically everywhere in the city centre is within walking distance of the shops and the nightlife. You can't really go wrong.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
reviews: 39
2. Re: Hotel in Manchester City

Totally agree. (Work very close to it, hence not actually stayed there, but it looks v good to me when I pass it). Ideal location, and often see aircrew going in there. Dependent on your viewpoint - a plus or minus - Cliff Richard part owns it.

Manchester, United...
reviews: 176
3. Re: Hotel in Manchester City

I have never stayed at the hotel, but I agree with previous posts, the hotel is new, in a great location and has a great bar / restaurant under it (which I have eaten in and it is very good, but expensive). Its part of a chain I understand and a typical chain hotel.

If you are still concerned, book into the Ibis on Portland Street, it again is a chain hotel, I have stayed there and it is very close to the Arora (100m) and is a great 3 star hotel.

Both hotels are very close to the heart of Manchester's bars and pubs, if you want a bar with local charm, vist the Circus Tavern on Portland Street.

Enjoy your stay in Manchester

4. Re: Hotel in Manchester City

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 pm, August 28, 2009