We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

walks around chipping campden

Which Chipping Campden hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wollongong
reviews: 41
walks around chipping campden

Hi everyone, and thanks in advance for your help and advice. My sister and I (from Australia) are visiting the UK in August and will be spending 3-4 days in the Cotswolds - probably using Chipping Campden as a base. We will have a car, but our priority is getting out on foot and doing walks in the area. Does anyone have any specific recommendations for the best walks in the region? Thanks for your help.

6 replies to this topic
warrensburg,MO
1. Re: walks around chipping campden

I'd walk from Chipping Campden up to Dovers Hill and along the Cotswold edge to Broadway Tower. Great views to the west all the way.

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for St Barthelemy
reviews: 292
2. Re: walks around chipping campden

I agree with Henneth, the walk to Broadway Tower is very popular.

UK
3. Re: walks around chipping campden

The walk up to Dover's Hill and on to Broadway is a classic (there are a few bus services back from Broadway if you want to avoid retracing your steps, as well as other paths if you'd rather do a longer circuit).

There's also a nice short walk from Chipping Campden, going out from the church and across the fields to Broad Campden, which is lovely to explore.

As you have a car, you aren't limited to walks from Chipping Campden. Have a look at the Cotswolds website which has a selection of walks to download:

www.escapetothecotswolds.org.uk/walking/

Annoyingly, some of the links aren't working, but this walk is good:

nationaltrail.co.uk/cotswold-way/route/cotsw… If you plan to stop off at the Mount Inn, check the opening times on their website!

If you're going to visit Burford, walk 9 is recommended, and any of the walks through Bourton-on-the-Water and Lower Slaughter - walks 2 and 12 would be a nice day circuit:

escapetothecotswolds.org.uk/walking/…

The OS map (OL45) is useful if you like maps.

Edited: 11:51 am, January 13, 2014
Texas
reviews: 68
4. Re: walks around chipping campden

You can easily walk to Blockley (a gorgeous village) via Broad Campden. If you are more energetic you can walk on past Dovers Hill to Broadway Tower or past Blockley to Batsford/Batsford Arboretum/Moreton-in-Marsh.

UK
reviews: 2
5. Re: walks around chipping campden

Personally as a resident I would prefer to do a circular walk - that way you haven't got an issue about finding your vehicle at the end!! Most of the walks along the Cotswold Way (CHipping Campden - Bath - 100 miles long trail) are spectacular in this area - the views are amazing but the most spectacular has to be No 4 Winchcombe/Belas Knap on this link:

escapetothecotswolds.org.uk/walking/…

Learn all about the ancient Belas Knap burial chamber and look down upon Winchcombe and the amazing Sudeley Castle dating back to Tudor days (1500s) - but all are good - The Cotswolds is an amazing place.

Knoxville, Tennessee
6. Re: walks around chipping campden

You've received some good suggestions above, and I definitely agree about the circular walks.

Chipping Campden has a very good tourist office on the High Street and the people there are knowledgeable and helpful. They do sell some maps, leaflets and books of hikes and can probably make some suggestions.

This isn't a proper "hike," but you could walk a few miles in the lovely arboretum at Batsford, just 10-15 minutes drive from Chipping Campden. There is an admission, but I think it's well worth it. Be sure to step out to see the tiny village and church of Batsford.

Kathy

Reply to: walks around chipping campden
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted