We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to live in MK?

Which Milton Keynes hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Nottingham, UK
reviews: 34
Where to live in MK?

Hi, I am planning to relocate from Nottingham to Milton Keynes & was wondering if anyone could help with desirable/not so desirable areas to live?

I am especially keen on Kents Hill but also thought Crownhill was nice - until I visited it recently & decided it looked a bit "tired"...

Thanks in advance for any help!

Essex
reviews: 71
1. Re: Where to live in MK?

Most of the residential areas of Milton Keynes look the same to me!

I used to work in Walnut Tree, which is not too bad. Posh areas include Willen.

Area to avoid? Wolverton for sure, and also to some extent, Bletchley.

Essex
reviews: 71
2. Re: Where to live in MK?

Stony Stratford is also supposed to be pretty nice.

Milton Keynes...
reviews: 5
3. Re: Where to live in MK?

Hiya,

Kents Hill, Crownhill & Walnut tree are fine, it's a bit quiet but most villages in milton keynes are. There are quite a few open uni students around this area too.

Do avoid Fishermead, Heelands, some parts of Oldbrook, the lakes estate in Bletchley.

Other nice areas are Middleton, Monkston & Broughton. Good luck xXx

UK
reviews: 10
4. Re: Where to live in MK?

There are plenty of nice villages dotted around MK. Woburn & Aspley Guise are lovely. Olney, a bit further out is a nice market town. Wooton, Cranfield & Lidlington could be worth a look at unless you're comitted to living in MK itself.

MK
5. Re: Where to live in MK?

If you're still looking, i would choose Kents Hill everytime! Crownhill is a slightly older area but location cannot be beaten in Kents Hill. Let me know if you want anymore info?

Milton Keynes
6. Re: Where to live in MK?

The estates around Crownhill are nice-and new! You have Medbourne, Grange Farm, Oxley Park and Westcroft. Other nice ares are Middleton, Kingston, Shenley Church End and Great Linford.

Areas to avoid are Coffee Hall, Tinkers Bridge, Fishermead, Oldbrook, Eaglestone and Lakes Estate. Other than that it's pretty good!

Milton Keynes...
reviews: 22
7. Re: Where to live in MK?

I live in Bradwell Common which is nice, good schools and shops nice community.

IMO - Avoid Crownhill - too many housing association

Dont touch Lakes Estate, Most of Bletchley, Tinkers Bridge, Netherfield, Beanhill, Eaglestone, Fishermead, Parts of Oldbrook, Fullers Slade, Greenleys, Wolverton, Bradville, Some of Heelands, Stantonbury, Neath Hill, Conniburrow, Springfield,

Nicest Estates include

Bradwell Common, Bradwell Village, Monkston, Kents Hill, Walnut Tree, Broughton, Woolstones, Shenleys, Westcroft,

Dont want to offend those that live in certain estates just my view on what I think etc

Message me if you want an honest view of a particular opinion on a certain estate etc

HTH

Bucks
8. Re: Where to live in MK?

I think some of the old victorian type houses in Wolverton are quite nice and good value for money. Expensive but gorgeous - Woburn, Woburn Sands, Aspley Guise.

Milton Keynes...
9. Re: Where to live in MK?

Thanks for the afterthought but I was already offended, I've lived on Eaglestone for 17 years now and apart from one lot of noisy neighbours have never experienced any problems here whatsoever. Maybe you should try avoiding opinions based on hearsay, Eaglestone is as good estate as any you'll find that close to any big town or city centre.

london
reviews: 1
10. Re: Where to live in MK?

Hi, Which ares in MK are preferred by young professionals single or couples. I want to avoid very family areas with many kids on the road.

Thanks