We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants / Take Aways thread

Which Bolton hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Horwich, United...
reviews: 38
Restaurants / Take Aways thread

Use this thread to discuss your favourite and maybe even your least favourite restaurants, cafes, chippies, and take aways in Bolton!

Favourite Take Away: 'Nightbar' in Horwich

(Excellent quality food and portion sizes for the price!)

RUNNER UP:

'Pizza Perfect' in Westhoughton (they give you free drinks!)

'Steakhouse' in B&Q's Car Park in Bolton! (The best quality food yet, amazing burgers, but doesnt get my top spot due to location, sadly!)

Favourite Restaurant: 'Harvester' in Middlebrook

(Amazing food, I like the salad cart access, and the desserts are incredible, especially 'Rocky Horror')

Favourite Chippy: 'Mans Palace' in Westhougton.

(I've never had a chip barm better than at this place!)

RUNNERS UP:

'The Panda House' in Horwich (MASSIVE chip barms which I can never finish1)

'The Laughing Buddha' in Horwich (great quality chips, not the fat stodgy kind, and you get a huge bag for £1.10, big enough to make a mountain on a large dinner plate!)

Favourite Cafe: 'Brambles' in Horwich

(Generally good quality tasty food, filling too, and good staff!)

LEAST favourite Cafe: 'Cappaccino' in the Market Hall in Bolton Town Centre

(Uninterested staff, expensive drinks, and very cheap quality food, bad quality even, especially the burger which was horrendous).

bolton england
reviews: 7
11. Re: Restaurants / Take Aways thread

i have just bought a deep fat fryer , now we always have lovely chips lolxxxx

manchester
reviews: 1
12. Re: Restaurants / Take Aways thread

T.R Wolf, do you live in Horwich? We have wonderfull restraunts, pubs and cafes, are you seriously telling me that the greasy dump of a van in B and Q's carpark is better food than Pascal's on Lee Lane? Or Mumbai on Chorley new road? what about Socrates Greek Restraunt on Winterhay Lane? or the Blundell Arms for v. good pub food. You are a typical fast food Junky, You even suggest that the Harvester at Middlebrook is a restraunt LOL, it is a pub that serves pub food I.E more volume than substance.

FYI the best Chippy in Horwich is the Market Chippy.

There is good takeaway food (indian and Chinese) but the rest is greasy kebabs and dodgy pizza.

manchester
reviews: 1
13. Re: Restaurants / Take Aways thread

Sorry, I have just read the rest of TR wolfs posts, It all makes sense now, looking at your picture, the places you visit and the questions you ask, you are the kind of person that gives Northeners a bad name, a stereotypical fat boy you likes Blackpool, anywere that serves massive plates of steak and chips or burger and chips (hence the requests for american restraunts in LLandudno) the bigger and greasier the better. Bet you go out every Friday and Saturday night for a few pints and a kebab and in the pub on a sunday lunchtime, Few bets on the dogs and horses during the week? 2 weeks in Benidorm etc etc

Stop giving Northeners a bad name, we are not all beer swilling burger eating uncouth fat arses.

Following your food reccomendations TR wolf, the users of Trip advisor must think Bolton and Horwich are nasty places to eat and visit, mind you, i did see a que of american tourists outside "stakehouse" in B+Q carpark yesterday.............

Lancashire, UK
reviews: 24
14. Re: Restaurants / Take Aways thread

tripadvisor.co.uk/GoListDetail-i6184-Restaur…

Hi Folks

Crikey there's some pretty mean angry people in here ain't there?

I did a golist on restaurants in Bolton. I know that makes me a bit sad cos hardly anyone will read it in view of the fact that Bolton's a bit of an eye sore and I wouldn't come here if I didn't live here, but it was a rainy day and I had a spare hour or so to kill.

Anyway folks see whatchya think

Horwich, United...
reviews: 38
15. Re: Restaurants / Take Aways thread

First time I've checked here in ages, I didn't realise I was being attacked!

Firstly, this thread was created for everyone to add their OWN favourite and least favourite places, Im not disputing other peoples choices!

As for angrybill... I dont smoke, I dont drink, I dont gamble, I dont go to Benidorm or anything like that (give me Florida any day!), but well done for judging someone based on so little, and then having the nerve to whine that all Northerners are seen the same.

Yes Im a fat lad who likes burgers and chips on occasion, but so what? That's MY choice right? Its not like I do it every night! Maybe once a week, or once every 2 weeks!

I asked for American places because I like a nice burger and chips,or loaded potato skins and onion rings, and my boyfriend likes a good steak or a rack of ribs, if this doesnt meet your culinary standards then I do apologise.

As for people attacking Steakhouse in B&Q car park, again that is *MY* choice. I also must re-iterate that this is also a TAKE AWAYS thread, not just a restaurant thread, and when it comes to take away burger and chips, I prefer Steakhouse and Nightbar, Im not saying "hey tourists, this is the best restaurant in Bolton!". but Bolton isnt exactly known for its tourists is it?

But again, this thread is for everyone to mention their favourite/least favourite take aways, cafes, restaurants etc, don't attack and judge people for their choices, that's just plain nasty.

16. Re: Restaurants / Take Aways thread

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 pm, September 01, 2009