We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Britannia Holtel Stockport

Which Greater Manchester hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wakefield England
reviews: 17
Britannia Holtel Stockport

I stopped in Jan '04 at the Britannia Country House Hotel, Didsbury,

overnight as part of a weekend break with National Holidays. Everybody on

the trip, without exception, complained to the Driver who promised the

pass on their comments to National, our friends, who had booked the

trip (yes, we are still friends, we all make mistakes) also complained

directly to National about the Hotel so I know for a fact that National

know that their Customers do not like Britannia Hotels. I was looking for

another tour recently and was amazed to see National promoting a trip

staying at the Britannia Stockport. I asked them why they are still

using Britannia Hotels and this was their reply "During the summer this

hotel has been undergoing extensive refurbishment. I have recently visited

it, together with the Britannia Country House at

Didsbury, and found the accommodation to be agreeable for passengers on

our tours." If you have recently used National Holidays and have stayed

at this Hotel, could you kindly email me about what it was like? Many

thanks

Liverpool
reviews: 34
1. Re: Britannia Holtel Stockport

Hi,

Prepare for another battle on your hands. We stayed at this hotel last summer on a park and fly package. After having stayed at the Britannia Hotel Didsbury and found it awful I thought it could not happen to us again but it did. The room was filthy, food dreadful the usual problems.

If you can try and get out of this holiday. The hotel as far as I am aware has not had any refurbishment.

National Holidays should be ashamed of themselves for using such a dreadful hotel.

Liverpool, UK
reviews: 5
2. Re: Britannia Holtel Stockport

Britannia Hotels are WITHOUT DOUBT the worst hotel chain in the UK. The Britannia Adelphi in Liverpool and Prince of Wales in Southport are more than just a joke - the accomodation is beyond an insult. Whatever the brochures say - renovated, whatever, never stay at a Britannia hotel. I think that the advertisement of a Britannia hotel by a company greatly reduces its credibility, because they shouldnt offer something so poor to its clients x

Cheshire, UK
reviews: 33
3. Re: Britannia Holtel Stockport

I previously worked for a hotel reservation agency and we constantly had complaints about every Britannia Hotel we booked. In the end the group became the last resort for for booking rooms. That was over 8 years ago and from the sounds of it, things haven't improved.

The decor is dated, the staff are poorly trained, the rooms are nothing short of horrible and generally way overpriced and we won't even go into the food.

We even had several comments about 'ladies of the night' regularly knocking on doors and offering their services at a certain Britannia Hotel.

As a travel writer I would never recommend that anyone stay at a Britannia Hotel anywhere. There are plenty of other and much better options available to you, use them.

Durham
reviews: 1
4. Re: Britannia Holtel Stockport

I stayed here June 2005, and you'll be heartened to hear that the company appears to have invested approximately 50 pence in improvement measures - rooms grubby, decor flakey, processing of guests inefficient - went elsewhere next time we had to stay in Manchester area, and got a great hotel for less money!

They're obviously relying on those of us who know no better!

Get answers to your questions about Greater Manchester