We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Hotel with parking for early South terminal flight

Which Crawley hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Oxford
reviews: 4
Best Hotel with parking for early South terminal flight

We are flying to Italy in August from the South Terminal. In previous years we have booked long stay car parking and stayed in a budget travelodge and a Premier Inn in Crawley. Have looked at other hotels with parking - Hilton looked good with parking included in terms of getting to out early check in - avoiding parking the car and bus transfers on the day of our flight - however - reviews for the Hilton seem to be very poor. I would happily pay more for a good hotel with easy transfer to the south terminal but the poor reviews for the Hitlon worry me. I would rather avoid meet and greet style parking options.

Any suggestions for a really good hotel with easy options for parking and getting to the South terminal quickly for an easy check in?

Thanks for your time.

3 replies to this topic
London
reviews: 9
1. Re: Best Hotel with parking for early South terminal flight

Hi

My parents have stayed at the Hilton and didn't like it so when they've flown from south terminal since they stay at the Sofitel at north terminal and use the monorail to the south terminal.

We've usually flown from north terminal and stayed at sofitel as well. Avoid Gatwick Europa at all costs, awful!

Enjoy your holiday.

UK
reviews: 88
2. Re: Best Hotel with parking for early South terminal flight

I haven't stayed at the Hilton for a couple of years but if it's not so good now then yes as said just stay at the Sofitel which is about an extra 5 minutes away by monorail. No need to restrict yourself to the same terminal you fly from.

St Albans
reviews: 11
3. Re: Best Hotel with parking for early South terminal flight

Sofitel is good. We have flown many times from the south and stayed here. They have had their own carpark for a couple of years so parking is easy. Depending on who you are flying with and the room you have, you may even be able to see your plane before leaving the hotel.

Reply to: Best Hotel with parking for early South terminal flight
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted