We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fish and Chips

Which Derby hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, Canada
Fish and Chips

We'll be staying in Derby next month, a few blocks north of the Cathedral Quarter. What is the best fish and chips takeaway in the area?

Peak District...
Destination Expert
for Derbyshire
reviews: 242
1. Re: Fish and Chips

George's at Park Farm centre in Allestree, if you can go that far. It is about a mile and a half from the cathedral, up Kedleston Road, past the University then turn right up the hill.

London, Canada
2. Re: Fish and Chips

Thanks for the recommendation. However, we won't have a car, so will want something closer.

Peak District...
Destination Expert
for Derbyshire
3. Re: Fish and Chips

Without knowing where you are staying, I can say there are Fish and Chip shops on The Wardwick, the corner of Kedleston Rd and Cowley St, and probably in Friargate.

England
reviews: 37
4. Re: Fish and Chips

I noticed today a man with a sandwich board just near Primark in the Corn Market advertising fish and chips so assume there is a shop somewhere near. Maybe near the Fish Market as he was near that entrance. This would be easily walkable from the Cathedral Quarter. I should have paid more attention to the exact location so will try to do so next time!

derbyshire
reviews: 30
5. Re: Fish and Chips

The best fish and chips in the area are Georges in Belper .There are no other decent fish and chip shops in derby any more they use the wrong oil.

Derby, United...
reviews: 5
6. Re: Fish and Chips

Georges Allestree - the BEST by far!

Peak District...
Destination Expert
for Derbyshire
7. Re: Fish and Chips

Donald, did you try one of these suggestions and what did you think?

derbyshire
reviews: 30
8. Re: Fish and Chips

Yes but the georges at the back of the bonnie prince pub est is just as good apart from the tea! think he uses cheap tea bags.

Rugby, United...
reviews: 135
9. Re: Fish and Chips

I know it's a late reply to your post, but if you're in town again, try Nicky Lounge ~ its a Greek restaurant with an attached chippy, their cod is really nice loin, and chips are not greasy and are fluffy. The shop is in town not far from one of the entrances to Westfield on Osmaston road where it joins London road.

10. Re: Fish and Chips

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:25 am, November 25, 2012