We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's on in the Middle of March

Which Gloucester hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne
reviews: 32
What's on in the Middle of March

I'm looking for a hotel in Gloucester around the 14/15 March. Most hotels appear to be booked which suggests something of interest going on that week/weekend? Can anyone fill me in. I'm looking forward to going but not if the city is going to crowded and hard to get around due to crowds.

Gloucester, United...
reviews: 38
11. Re: What's on in the Middle of March

Your 4 hour estimate from Shrewsbury to Bath isn't far out, although it's probably on 3 hours if you drive straight through, so it gives you a few hours to see sights on the way down. Roads shouldn't be too bad, particularly as you're planning to avoid the motorway.

You could do worse than stopping off in Ludlow for an hour or 2. It really is a lovely old town with castle and timber frame buildings. More info here http://www.ludlow.org.uk/

Add a stop over in Gloucester to have a look at our cathedral which is over 900 years old and then you only have a drive of about an hour to Bath.

Melbourne
reviews: 32
12. Re: What's on in the Middle of March

Keith thank you for your latest input. I have, indeed, included Ludlow on my route but had no real idea of what to expect when I get there. I've also managed to find a hotel near Gloucester. Thanks to your response I am now even more excited about my itinerary. Can't wait to see the Cathedral and lots of points in between Shrewsbury and Bath.

Thanks again,

Wys

Twyning, United...
reviews: 72
13. Re: What's on in the Middle of March

How about staying somewhere else on the way instead of Gloucester? Are you going by train? Worcester would be similar to Gloucester with similar history and cathedral, etc. If you want something more "rural", how about Tewkesbury with it's abbey and the rivers Severn and Avon which join there. Lots of eateries and pubs, and the locals are friendly

14. Re: What's on in the Middle of March

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:15 am, March 28, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Gloucester