We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thinking of moving to Harrogate, looking for advice

Which Harrogate hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
pinkfizz77
Thinking of moving to Harrogate, looking for advice

I am looking to complete a housing exchange to Harrogate and looking for advice on the area.

The house itself is postcode HG3 2UD (lincoln grove)

Currently living in Scarborough

I am a single parent with three littluns aged dd 12yrs, dd 2yrs and ds 1yr

Is this a good area to raise a family or is it a 'rough' area?

Are there activities for the kiddies (especialy the 12yr dd)?

Are there any colleges/further education centres or anything. Would love to go back to college/university to finish my degree or get extra qualifications.

Sorry for all the questions, never been there and don't know anyone living there (apart from the family hoping to swap lol)

TIA

Julie and family

Pickering England
reviews: 90
1. Re: Thinking of moving to Harrogate, looking for advice

Harrogate has everything you need good schools, access to HE and FE, facilities for young people-it is a great place to live. Also very handy for Leeds and some fab countryside.

Lots of info on Harrogate "official" websites

2. Re: Thinking of moving to Harrogate, looking for advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

We're sorry - the TripAdvisor staff closed this topic because TripAdvisor does not facilitate discussions about relocation or real estate purchases because these topics are not considered to be travel-related.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:50 pm, March 26, 2008
Get answers to your questions about Harrogate