We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tower Hotel - any tips for a good room?

Which Waterford hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
reviews: 5
Tower Hotel - any tips for a good room?

Staying here for the first time on Saturday for 2 nights and want to email the hotel with a room request.

Would high floor with a river view be about right pls?

Moosup, Connecticut
reviews: 95
1. Re: Tower Hotel - any tips for a good room?

Ask for room far from front main street. Very noisy road traffic. Rooms are not airconditioned.

UK
2. Re: Tower Hotel - any tips for a good room?

Fab - thanks a lot.

Waterford, Ireland
reviews: 3
3. Re: Tower Hotel - any tips for a good room?

Well some areas must be air conditioned because you can get a room very close to the air conditioning vents at the back.... been there, done that. Not recommended! Hmm I take that back! I have just done a virtual tour of the Tower on Google Maps and the units are gone.

The public areas are air conditioned - I was in there last week and the a/c was on. It would have to be very warm to need a/c in the rooms - houses do not (generally) have a/c here.

You might be able to get rooms overlooking the river - the hotel has roads on all sides, but only the front would be noisy as there are traffic lights and much starting and stopping, the other roads are all just side roads.

UK
4. Re: Tower Hotel - any tips for a good room?

Ok - Thanks very much.

Ireland
Destination Expert
for Waterford, Dunmore East
reviews: 127
5. Re: Tower Hotel - any tips for a good room?

Some of the rooms have recently been refurbished but only SOME.I stayed there a few months back & our room had not yet been refurbished & it wasn't particularly nice,especially the bathroom.

So,maybe request a refurbished room.......you might be lucky !

UK
6. Re: Tower Hotel - any tips for a good room?

Thanks a lot, Mary. I've emailed the hotel and am waiting for a reply. I'll also mention that a refurbished room would be nice.

7. Re: Tower Hotel - any tips for a good room?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:16 am, June 21, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Waterford